Thread: Nvidia hdmi audio receiver shows message that it is not plugged in

Nvidia hdmi audio receiver shows message that it is not plugged in

I have been fighting through an HDMI audio problem in view of the fact that I have position this computer together a week ago. I have encompassed a GTX 460 and am utilizing the mini-HDMI to HDMI cable to plug into my Harman Kardon AVR247 receiver. That with the intention of then sends the signal to my Optoma projector, as well as the encircle system hooked up to the receiver. At present when I go to the NVidia control panel and position it to organize the dual display to extend the desktop onto the projector and endeavor to configure the sound apparatus, it demonstrates a Harman Kardon AVR in my devices, other than regrettably, it determine to not permit me to make the it the default device for the reason that it says that it is "Not Plugged In", even though it observes it there. I feel it's significant to note that to facilitate the device is scheduled under the "Set up Multiple Display" Menu as "Optoma" at the same time as the projector is powered on.

Re: Nvidia hdmi audio receiver shows message that it is not plugged in

At present, if I leave the projector off, and just presently turn the AVR on, it demonstrates up as a Harman Kardon AVR in the Nvidia control panel, and it permits me to choose it as a default apparatus in the windows sound alternatives utilizing HDMI. When I do this, my surround sound works absolutely, on the other hand I not be able to actually observe the extended desktop for the reason that the Optoma Projector is off. On an occasion I turn the projector on, the Nvidia control panel changes the Harman Kardon AVR back to Optoma and the comprehensive desktop demonstrates up, other than the Harman Kardon AVR in the windows sound alternative is no longer selectable and listed again as "Not Plugged In."

On my laptop by means of an ATI Radeon HD3650, I be able to acquire it to run very well. Is there any method to acquire the audio and video mutually working appropriately through my GTX460, my Harman Kardon AVR247 and my Optoma HD20 projector. There is an onboard soundcard on my mobo utilizing the realtek Audio AC '97 codec and that to facilitate works extremely well for my computer speakers. It's set to Auto in my BIOS, too. I tried disabling that to facilitate, and the entire it did was not permit me to acquire several sound at the entire.

I have comprised just recently purchased an ATI Radeon HD5770 (MSI R5770 PMD1G) graphics card, which I associated to my Onkyo TX-SR508 receiver, which passes commencing from side to side the video signal to my LG TV. Part of the reasons for me to upgrading were its uncompressed HDMI surround audio output characteristics.

Regrettably I am having this issue at present, that to facilitate whenever I turn my TV off, the receiver in addition stops playing sound. The screen flickers for a bit, disappears commencing from the register of displays, and in the sound arrangement it lists. The ATI HDMI Output Not plugged in. This successfully means that to facilitate whenever I desire to hear sound from my system, I necessitate to keep the TV on.

Up to that time I had an Nvidia 9600GT in addition connected from side to side HDMI it utilized the internal S/PDIF pass through for audio; for that to facilitate the screen in addition flickered when I turned the TV off, and the sound acquire briefly interrupted, other than kept playing subsequent to that. Does anybody have a clue what may be going on. I am utilizing Catalyst driver version or description 10.8 on Windows 7 (64-bit). My personal suspicion is with the intention of by turning off the video output the audio output in addition acquires automatically turned off.

I was suffering the similar through my Sony amplifier and a W7 PC commencing from an ATI 4870. For illustration I had originate that through the DVD player (HDMI Port 2) playing an audio CD I might turn off the TV through the effect of merely having a diminutive music interruption on the PC (HDMI 3) it killed the sound everlastingly (playback apparatus became unplugged). I agree the fact that with the intention of the 'Windows 7 view' of the amplifier apparatus is a different one whether the connected TV is on or off is extremely confusing.

Regrettably, I imagine the answer is no. As I am in a similar circumstances where I have encompassed two audio zones in my apartment. I have comprised audio commencing from my HTPC via the Optical S/PDIF to my receiver. Regrettably, through Windows, you be able to merely have encompassed one default audio output I thought I heard you might do it through Windows XP, other than not be able to seem to locate how.

It might be probable commencing from side to side something similar to 4x1 HDMI switch which claims to accept an HDMI input and concurrently output digital and down-converted analog. It says, concurrently, other than I might not assist become aware of the 2CH and 5CH buttons on the remote control. I intend to acquire this for my set up next week, so if you be able to wait for a bit, I can let you be familiar with how it goes.

Well, the superior news is that the 4x1 HDMI switch seems to run absolutely. Through HDMI out commencing from my graphics card and into the unit and HDMI out commencing the unit to the HDTV as well as Stereo out to the Receiver AND coax out to the receiver; the entire three output audio (HDTV, Coax contribution on the receiver, and an analog on the receiver and it's just presently a substance of switching the audio selector on my receiver or HDTV. My predicament is, the majority of the display modes (resolutions/frequencies) obtainable through this graphic card result in "Invalid Format" messages on my HDTV.

Such an explanation was not possible for me. Reading the position Simultaneous analog audio (or SPDIF) and HDMI audio I had provide Virtual Audio Cable a try other than that to facilitate did not work for me. I set one Audio Repeater commencing from my VAC Line 1 to my speakers and an additional Audio Repeater commencing from my VAC Line 1 to my HDMI. I did not hear audio out of moreover. In the end I went through Windows 7. How to revolutionize the default audio apparatus through a hotkey to change my playback device easily.