Thread: Does it need second modular bridge to connect two Nvidia e-GeForce 8800 GTX 768?

Does it need second modular bridge to connect two Nvidia e-GeForce 8800 GTX 768?

recently I have installed another card similar graphic card in order to Run SLI. After installing another second card on both the cards I have noticed that both the cards are having SLI Modular. The motherboard which I am having 1 bridge. The second GPU is giving me high temperatures in couple of areas.
    1.2 VHT Voltage = 1.52
    SB Core Voltage = 1.73
    Can you tell me how can I correct the same?
    Below mentioned is system configuration of my computer.
    Case: Thermaltake Armor. 4X 25cm Fans (Front,Top,Side Panle and Rear).
    Motherboard: Asus P5N32-E SLI.
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700@2.66 Ghz - 1066 Mhz FSB -4MB L2 Cache.
    PSU: Thermaltake 850W,14cm Fan, 12V Combined output and 62Amp.
    Two eGeForce 8800 GTX 768mb PCI-E(SLI).
    Any help to resolve the scenario will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Does it need second modular bridge to connect two Nvidia e-GeForce 8800 GTX 768?

As far as I know you will require only one bridge for you. well the cards are having couple of connectors for every single card since you can use the same with 3-way sli. If that is the situation you will require to use 3-way bridge which is having 6 connections. You will need to use 2 connection for every single card.
    Do you have set up custom fan profile by using MSI Afterburner or eVGA precision? I think either of them help you out in temperature issue.

Re: Does it need second modular bridge to connect two Nvidia e-GeForce 8800 GTX 768?

I think he is talking about the motherboard chipset temperatures. Since he has kept the second card which was positioned just above of the Southbridge cooler and it supposed to be interfering with airflow. Such kind of motherboard supposed to be cooled passively and it will make board bit warmer if airflow is not good. second PCIe x16 slot slot is running off Southbridge. Hence chip might be working quite harder and hence there would be great heat generations.

ASUS motherboard provides Probe ll application to get the idea about the Temps,Fan Speed. I foun below mwntioned temperature bit abnormal.
    1.2VHT Voltage: Temp is 1.52; Suggestive Target 1.20.
    SB Core Voltage: Temp is 1.73; Suggestive Target 1.70.
    I hope now you can tell me how to get rid out from the problem.

It seems to be quite difficult to figure out how voltage can have temperature. According to me 1.20, 1.52, 1.70 and 1.73 means nothing. It seems to be voltage most probably it would be Front side Bus and Southbridge Voltages. Both of them are supposed to be set to Auto in BIOS hence it increases the responses to increase the load. According to me it seems to be normal and there is nothing to worry about at all.