Thread: ELO 2216 Touch screen is losing calibration

ELO 2216 Touch screen is losing calibration

I have mounted ELO 2216 touch screen to a LCD monitor and the problem that I am facing now is that when I am turning of computer several times than it is just losing the calibration but then after a reboot but then the cursor does not jump and it does not follow the cursor does not jump, I have asked out the same in other forums as well but then some said that it is particularly an issue with ELO, is there anyone who have an idea about any workaround that can help me to get it work properly???

Re: ELO 2216 Touch screen is losing calibration

I have mounted ELO 2216 touch screen to a LCD monitor and the problem that I am facing now is that when I am turning of computer several times than it is just losing the calibration but then after a reboot but then the cursor does not jump and it does not follow the cursor does not jump, I have asked out the same in other forums as well but then some said that it is particularly an issue with ELO, is there anyone who have an idea about any workaround that can help me to get it work properly???
    I just wanted to know that have you hooked up a USB cable, I am asking so because I have used a number of these controllers and I had faced the same and in order to get rid of this, I had to enable the 25 point advanced calibration and after that calibrate it with that one, as far as I know only the xp installation comes with it, you can check out for the a file called "elova25p.exe" and once you get it then just run the same. I will like to add that some of the older driver versions were having option for writing info directly to the controller through config file and this used to prevent the firmware from getting corrupted.

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know if it is matching your left/right movements properly and you are having issue just with the inverses movement?? Or it is just not lining up properly?? .I will like to inform you that these controllers are very susceptible to static discharge no matter the ground cable is attached properly or not, anyways if you are using 5 wire flat ribbon connection then it won’t be working with the 4 wire connector you should just disconnect the cable flip it and then connect it again, it should work in both the ways, just do a new calibration and then let me know if it is making any difference or not??? Just post back the result that you get.

Yes it is usb, I also wanted to share that it had run a 25 point calibration once during all the install/reinstalls, I am not very sure but then I think it is 5.2 version of the driver in my case and I am running windows xp, I will check out for the file that you have mentioned but then I just wanted to know that are you having an idea about writing the info to the controller?? And what is the name of the config file??? I have not yet checked out the specific directions in which it is losing the calibration but then I will check out the same as well. Other than this I have tried flipping the cable and connecting it again but then it is not appearing to be making any difference, is there anything else that I can try out????

If you want then you can connect the cable to a metal part on the monitor to see if it is making any difference, to know about the driver version just check out the info that will be directly written on the controller, I doubt that the table written to the controller might have got messed up as you have mentioned that the 25 point calibration was done once during all the install/reinstalls. So if it has been calibrated with 25 point calibrator then you will have to use the same. There are some tools but then they are mostly for the serial controllers.

Hey thanks for your interest but then I just wanted to know that can I attach some other piece of wire to the end of the ground wire and after that connect to the metal part?? Will it do?? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

Yes it will do, I doubt if the controller has gone sideways on you and if it has, then you should better contact the person from where you have bought it but before that you can try using it to some other computer if it is possible for you and if it is available before replacing it, I think doing the same will help you out in finding out if there is a windows/ELO file in your install and if it has then you will have to replace the controller and for that you can check out "Pen-Tech" the product # is "E658721"