Thread: Nvidia GTX 590 graphic card running at very high temperature

Nvidia GTX 590 graphic card running at very high temperature

I purchased a new Nvidia GTX 590 graphic card for my PC. I attached it to my motherboard and started playing game. After 15 minutes of gaming, the temperature was 90 degree Celsius. Isn’t it too high? What should I do, get the graphic card changed or is there any problem with the cooling fan?

Re: Nvidia GTX 590 graphic card running at very high temperature

Temperature of 90°C is too high for a graphic card. But the temperature also depends on the ambient temperature. Check if the both fans are properly working or not. I use my computer where the ambient temperature is around 25°C; at this temperature graphic card is at 80°C. You can use fan speed boosting softwares to increase the fan speed. You can also use MSI afterburner software. It automatically sets the fans speed according to the heat being generated.

I suggest that you should contact the manufacturer. If you run your GPU at such high temperature for a long time then chances of it burning and getting damaged increases. With the high quality of hardware you have purchase; it should provide you better performance than it is giving currently. With dual cooling fans, the temperature must be around 70°C. Have you placed your system in closed spaces? See to it that the CPU is placed in such a location from where the airflow is good. The hot air generated inside should easily escape the cabinet. No proper ventilation can also result in overheating of graphic card.

This problem is caused when you set the VSync of the graphic card is set on high value. Using at this, if the framerate drops below 55, then it starts consuming extra power to raise the framerate. This is why the temperature starts raising above normal value.