Thread: can barely see the Donkey Kong game moving under my monitor screen.

can barely see the Donkey Kong game moving under my monitor screen.

as I was recommend by some friends that the Donkey Kong is an great game and a good one , hence I made an purchase of it and there were some issues with the monitor. So I am just wondering if I require a new monitor or else an cap kit? So can you have some more explanations in my case. thanks for the replies in advance. I can simply see the game moving under the screen. I am also able to hear sounds and game seems to runs well.

Re: can barely see the Donkey Kong game moving under my monitor screen.

First of all , I would provide an answer which will be helpful. So regarding the cap kit, it should most likely be done. as well make sure along with adjust the b+ voltage (should be 108vdc).You are able to get the Sanyo 20ez deluxe kit from Bob Roberts, it in addition will tend to include the caps as well as transistors are required for the sound board.

To provide some more information relating with the cap kits, they tend to be relatively easy, and you just require to know some basic things. There is a pin to meter your b+ voltage at as well as there is a pot for adjusting it below. But , you need to be careful that the pot used for adjusting B+ is set with a little glue as well as that pot is easily broken as well as weak. When you get the cap kit, you might as well want to order a sanyo 20ez b+ pot.

According to me, I suppose that you have some issues with the solder point around the hole where the cap wires go. If so, you need to place the cap in the whole like you are going to solder it in. you need to find the adjacent solder point where an additional component that is connected to that cap. And after you have done that you will be with the board and solder as well as you need to cap wire to it making sure the wire isn't touching any additional points. If your wire is moreover short you are not able to scrape the trace line next to the hole of the cap. on top to this, you require to solder it there. moreover case I would Silicon that after soldiering.

This looks as if you are having a sync problem. I would answer the questions that he needs to also Check video plug. wiggle it to observe if it clears up or else stay the same. Play with the Plug at the PCB. You also need to check the ground wire. previous to pulling monitor out.

Could be board problem not monitor I would make sure about the sync and ground lines initially anyways.i would in addition pull the board along with ensure around where you where soldering for maybe a drip or a drop of solder bridging something it's not supposed to. in addition since you where messing just about that , it could be that vert IC maybe bridging or somewhat going on there. But , in addition , I also need to tell you that you make sure to check as well as adjust the b+ voltage to 108 volt dc.

For some cause I didn't believe of it before, but it’s uncertain your game boards are affected by somewhat botched up on the monitor. The game might just fine be playing blind but you are not able to hear it since the sound board is on the monitor.i would suggest you that you should remember to adjust your B+ voltage to 108 volts after finishing the cap kit . in addition, I need to inquire further is the main power fused along with maybe the monitor blew the main power fuse one way or another?

In this case it’s most excellent to make sure the schematics. According to the 20ez schematic, one side of C162 goes to pin 23 of IC401 as well as the additional side to R162. In addition to this , You'd require to make use of a small piece of hook up wire. A small piece of cat5 would perform in your case. It might be finest to see if there is a improved place to cut off the trace coming from ic401 23 as it might be a pain soldering to the pin.

Hello guys, I have found some tips from sites which will tend to help you. You need to scratch off the green covering and solder the cap lead to that.You should also be able to do together connections from under the board. I observe that the connection to r162 is simple since its right subsequent to it but as well looking at the bottom of the board, you are able to see the traces.If you're in uncertainty of having the accurate trace, and you need to just meter it back to pin 23 along with you should be good.

I was not able to solve these issues and I went and got latest fuses , and made an installation and I am now able to see as well as hear gameplay .THANKS for the advice. The monitor turns on additionally, but the picture appears to be very distorted. I made some attempts with some of the monitor adjustments but it didn’t seem to be repaired.

Hello guys after reading from all your discussions I have solved it and to state with you , I was also having same issues and the new soldering iron with adjustable heat is key for the solution. It makes indeed an huge difference. I cranked out a bunch of the additional caps extremely cleanly with the latest kit