Thread: Nvidia geforce GTX 470 results in to black screen

Nvidia geforce GTX 470 results in to black screen

I have recently updated to the latest drivers (295.73) and since then the problem that I am facing is that the screen goes black occasionally, it appears as if it is reset, I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the connections as I have checked them out and they appear to be ok, the issue started after updating to the newest updates, I was not facing the same issue before is there anyone who can help me out with the same???

Re: Nvidia geforce GTX 470 results in to black screen

I have recently updated to the latest drivers (295.73) and since then the problem that I am facing is that the screen goes black occasionally, it appears as if it is reset, I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the connections as I have checked them out and they appear to be ok, the issue started after updating to the newest updates, I was not facing the same issue before is there anyone who can help me out with the same???
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know the system specification so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing, as far as the black screen is concerned there are two common possible causes for the same:
    • Lack of power supply- so just make sure that you are psu is providing the required power supply
    • Driver issue- which you have already mentioned, I think here you can try out reinstalling the driver and if that does not help then you will have to roll back to the older version of the driver that you were using.

So just check out these things and see which one is helping.

System specification:
    • AMD Phenom 4x 9950
    • ECS A790GXM-A
    • APOGEE PC7300 2 x 2gb
    • Nvidia geforce GTX 470
    • AOPEN Prima power AO700-12ALN 700watt

I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the psu but then it is with the driver, is there anything else that I can try out rather than just rolling back to the old driver???

Even I need some help regarding the same my system specification is below:
    • Nvidia geforce GTX 470
    • PSU: CM 650 watt
    • Core i7 960
    • Asus p6x58 d e
    • corsair 8 gb ddr3.

I have been facing the same black screen and I have by now tried updating the mobo BIOS, driver as well as tried doing clean installation of the driver but then they did not helped, is there something else I can do???

I have found a no of people facing issue with Nvidia geforce GTX 470 but then now I have found one who has come up with a Bios Fix for GTX 470, so if you all want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping:
    First enable Maximum Performance in the nVidia control panel
    Then for Vista or Win 7 go in to Personalization in Control Panel and select the Windows Classic Theme
    When you are done with the above changes then just flash the card with this bios and then you won’t face the same issue again ( try it on your own risk)
    If your issue is solved with the same then please leave a feedback so it will help others as well.