Thread: System crashing after updating GeForce 9800 gt with 295.73 updates

System crashing after updating GeForce 9800 gt with 295.73 updates

Nothing was wrong with the system until I updated my graphic card with the last update, the system started crashing. I have a GeForce 9800 gt graphic card installed on my system, recently last night I updated it with 295.73 update. But then after I did the update I noticed that every time I watch any video on YouTube or from some other site the screen black out and then crashes.

Most of the time I am actually forced to reboot the machine in order to get it in the working condition, nothing is able to see when the screen goes blank. I am very much worried with my graphic card, do I need to replace it with a new one. Please let me know what should I do.

Re: System crashing after updating GeForce 9800 gt with 295.73 updates

For me now it has become quite common to see my system getting crashed at an every interval of time. I do have nvidia GeForce 9800 graphic card installed in the system. Same as in your case even when I updated the chip the machine started behaving abnormally. The only difference behavior occur in my machine is that some of the time it give me an error message too, the message states “Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Driver stopped working and recovered”. I really didn’t get what exactly this error says but can only make out that it is talking about some Nvidia driver and from that I guessed out that nvidia graphic driver or card could be the core reason for all the unusual behavior.

I sometimes feel that the issue may be due to the system not supporting this 295.73 update, now sure but its just a mere guess.

I am not here to sort out your issue; instead I am here to share my pain and problem due to the same useless graphic update. anyways I can at least clear some of your misunderstanding and doubts.
    I sometimes feel that the issue may be due to the system not supporting this 295.73 update, now sure but its just a mere guess.
    For your kind information, system not supporting 295.73 update could not be a reason for such behavior no matter what system configuration you are possessing. According to me the graphic update has nothing to do with other system hardware except the graphic chips and drivers. Let me tell you something, before I did this 295.73 update I also tried out 285 update which surprisingly showed me the same issue, the system crashed and sometimes went blank with no prior or post information.

I possess the same graphic card and also getting the same problems after doing the same update which you all people did. I am sure that I did the correct installation perfectly without facing any error then why now such big issues.

Anyways the strangest thing is that I am still getting that error message and sudden blank screen after downgrading. At least after downgrading I guess I shouldn’t be facing any problem. For your knowledge, first I upgraded to 295.73 later on after facing those problems I downgraded 280.26 but still the problem persist.

Hey I must say that in this case I am a real fortunate guy. At least I come up with a solution and somehow got my issue fixed up, but yes in order to get rid of those problem I was forced to give away the update which I did i.e. 295.73.

Anyways first I would let you all know that I do have the same 9800 GT graphic card installed in my machine. I was quite irritated after I upgraded same like you all and then all negativities occurred. I had some 20 to 25 restless day and nights for just sorting out this issue.

The first thing I did was deleted all the nvidia drivers then reinstalled them but no such special changes. Then later on I downgraded the version to 285.62 believing that the upgraded version could be the issue. And I had a correct guess, fortunately everything was alright. The issue was with the upgrade. Try it out.

Anyways the strangest thing is that I am still getting that error message and sudden blank screen after downgrading. At least after downgrading I guess I shouldn’t be facing any problem. For your knowledge, first I upgraded to 295.73 later on after facing those problems I downgraded 280.26 but still the problem persist.
    There could be two possible reasons for the existence of those problems still in your machine:
    • Reinstallation of nvidia drivers, maybe things might work if you once uninstall and reinstall the drivers and then carry on with the previous version installation
    • Or else you try to downgrade the version to 285.62 instead of 280.26. I am saying this because in the above post that person has mention that his problems were cleared after he downgraded to 285.62.

Not exactly the same but somewhat similar to the problem which people are facing. After I updated the drive to 295.73 and reboot, my system directly showed me the blank screen but then when restarted the machine everything worked fine. The only time I face problem is whenever I watch some video or play games.

Most importantly whenever I leave the system idle for some half an hour and when I press any key or an esc key I probably get a error message it says “Nvidia graphic update installation not completed”, Something strange but not understandable.

Have a GeForce 9800 gt graphic card installed on my system, recently last night I updated it with 295.73 update. But then after I did the update I noticed that every time I watch any video on YouTube or from some other site the screen black out and then crashes.
    I have a gut feeling that the issue is not at with the one which you all are discussing. It’s not necessary that only the update should be blamed for the issue just because the problems started after the updates were implemented.

If asked me personally I would say that it might be your flash player that’s creating this unwanted behavior. First of all make sure that your system crashes only at the time when you watch youtube videos, and once you get confirmed with this thing better you upgrade your flash player. this is the best and the only suggestion I would give you. I know it sounds bit unique or maybe funny but who know your problems could be solved by this.

I do agree with you. Instead of blaming the graphic card or the updates why don’t you people check out the other related things that are involved in the issue. There might be some other minor thing that is causing the problem and you must be searching around with the big things.
    Better you follow the above suggestion of updating the flash player and if no help from there then check out the browser settings. Other suggestion I would give you is to try the beta version of the flash player first then go for the full version. You can get the Version from HERE.