Thread: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 is not sending signal to the screen

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 is not sending signal to the screen

I am having NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 in my system and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to get signal to the screen, I have found this happens after the Windows finishes booting up, I don’t think that this is some kind of crash and all and the system seems to be working but then the screen appears black saying “No signal”. I have checked out the connections and I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the same, the cause of the issue is something else but then I am not able to track it out, the only solution that helps me out is reset button, the issue happens randomly and suddenly when I work on it for an hour and so, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out with it???

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 is not sending signal to the screen

I am having NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 in my system and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to get signal to the screen, I have found this happens after the Windows finishes booting up, I don’t think that this is some kind of crash and all and the system seems to be working but then the screen appears black saying “No signal”. I have checked out the connections and I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the same, the cause of the issue is something else but then I am not able to track it out, the only solution that helps me out is reset button, the issue happens randomly and suddenly when I work on it for an hour and so, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out with it???
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that just other than the connection have you checked out the below things:
    1. Have you checked out the CPU and GPU temperature?
    2. Have you checked out the psu?
    3. Are you having the latest driver?
    4. Have you noticed any error by now rather than no signal message???

Just answer the same so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same???

Thanks for your interest, this is what I have done so far:
    1. The CPU and GPU temperature seems to be ok but then I have noticed that the issue happens mostly in the cold condition.
    2. The psu is ok, there is no problem with the same.
    3. I am having the latest driver, I mean the 295.73
    4. I am not getting any error as such by now, I just get the black screen with the no signal message.

What do you think might be the possible cause for the same???

I think that I can help you out here, I mean that I was having the same issue and I had checked out the above things and they were not helping, in my case I am having 3x gtx580 running at stock clock with 1.000v but then later I was suggested to raise the voltage to 1.013v and check it out and I did the same and to my luck the issue got solved and since then I have not yet faced the same black screen again, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is making any difference in your case or not, the other thing that I wanted to share is that just becareful when you are raising the voltage as there are possibilities that it might harm the gpu, I will suggest you to raise it by .001v (e.g 1.000v > 1.001v > 1.002v..etc) and at the same time check out the stability and the temperature of it under the load, just try out the above solution and then post back the result that you get.

I have checked about the same and I have found that there are different factors that can result in this issue and they are specific driver, monitoring software conflict, overclocking. Since your case does not appear to be due to overclocking and monitoring software conflict I think that you should try out reinstalling the 295.73 version and make sure that you are making a clean driver install, if you want then you can follow some guide for the same as there are a number of them on the web but then if it does not make any difference then you should try out installing the 295.51 Beta and see if it is helping, currently I am using the same and I have not yet faced any issue by now. If that does not help then you can try checking out the cause of the issue, for that the best option will be checking out the dump file which might have been created in the system after the issue occurred, if you want then you can use BlueScreenView or AppCrashView to check out which driver is the culprit, you can also try to use the Windows' Event Viewer by going in to Start > Control Panel > Administrative tools > Event Viewer and then Double clicking on the Event Viewer, after that just select the Event Viewer and "Summary of Administrative Events" below and just check out for the Error. Just perform the solution that I have suggested and then let me know what you get.

Hey thanks for the same, I have tried out your solution but then I don’t think that it helped. Here is what I did.
    I downloaded an app for checking out GPU's VDCC voltage and raised it to 1.050 V.
    I have checked out the Windows' Event Viewer and I have not found anything to be suspicious in the log but then there was an error that I noticed had happened during the crash and here it is:
    "//./root/CIMV2
    SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99
    0x80041003"

I don’t have much idea about the same??? Are you aware of the error?? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

I am not very sure if this will work for you but then you can give it a try, I mean that if you were not having the same issue before getting the latest driver for the driver then you can just rollback to the previous one that you were using and check out if it is making any difference or not. Just perform this and let me know the result that you get:
    Start > Control Panel > Device Manager >click and Expand "Display adapters" > Right click on one of the "NVIDIA Geforce GTX 295"'s and then Select "Properties" > then Select "Driver" tab > finally Select "Roll Back Driver" and click on ok
    If that does not help as well then there is a WHQL driver 296.10 as well and you can try out the same, just try out the possible solutions and then let me know if they are helping or not.