Thread: Cannot install GT 520M in Acer Aspire 5742G

Cannot install GT 520M in Acer Aspire 5742G

In my Acer Aspire 5742G laptop there is a Intel HD graphics and also there is GeForce GT 520M CUDA 1GB. I am facing difficulties while installing GeForce GT 520M CUDA 1GB in my laptop. While installing the drivers I get This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware error. How can I solve this problem?

Re: Cannot install GT 520M in Acer Aspire 5742G

I had same issue with my Acer laptop and then I have come to know that there is two driver on the Acer download page and we need to download the drivers According to VGA version. I was having version 75.19.13.00.0D and I have downloaded the drivers according to that and then my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution. If you need any more help then let me know.

Yes you need to download NVIDIA VGA Driver 8.17.12.6830 drivers to solve this problem. You have to first click here DRIVERS and after that you have to select notebook. Now after selecting the notebook you have to click on the travelmate and choose 5760G. from there you have to download NVIDIA VGA Driver 8.17.12.6830 drivers. Now try to install these drivers in your laptop and then check whether you are getting any error message or not? in my laptop I have tried to solve this issue by trying different drivers from the Nvidia official site but while trying to install the drivers I was getting same message and then I have downloaded NVIDIA VGA Driver 8.17.12.6830 drivers. After installing this drivers all the things started working like a charm. You should also try this solution and then let me know whether your problem resolved or not?

According to me this problem occurs because while installing the drivers it tries to search the hardware in wrong place. If you want to solve this problem then you have to note the Hardware Id of your graphic adapter and then replace it in the nvam.inf file of Nvidia. After doing that you have to save that file and then check whether same problem occurs or not?

Quote Originally Posted by veeru s View Post
    According to me this problem occurs because while installing the drivers it tries to search the hardware in wrong place. If you want to solve this problem then you have to note the Hardware Id of your graphic adapter and then replace it in the nvam.inf file of Nvidia. After doing that you have to save that file and then check whether same problem occurs or not?
    How to change the hardware id in nvam.inf file of Nvidia. In my laptop I am also having similar type of problem and I have already tried latest drivers from the Nvidia page but with that also problem does not get solved. I have also tried the latest drivers from the official page of laptop manufacturer page but result was same. Let me know exact steps for changing the

To change the hardware id in nvam.inf file of Nvidia you have to perform these steps and then your problem will get solved.

First of all you need to download latest drivers from the official site of the Nvidia and then you have install it and you will get error message. Now close that box and then you have to right click on my computer and then select priorities. After doing that you have to go to the device manager. You have to select priorities of the nvidia display adaptor and then you have to select Hardware ids from details. Now you will see details something like "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1050&SUBSYS_###### &REV_A1" (“######“ will be your hardware ID). Now you have to note down the ID.

After doing that you have to open my computer and then navigate to C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\275.33\Vista\ International\Display.Driver\ and then open nvam.inf in notepad. Now you have to search for “1050” by pressing the ctrl key and F key and typing 1050. It will search similar to this “PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1050&SUBSYS_######” and you need to replace final code with the hardware ID which you have note down from device manger and then save that file. Now when you try to install drivers at that time you will not face any issues.

Yes above solution is correct I was also going though from similar type of problems and then I have change the hardware Id in the inf file of Nvidia and after trying this trick I have successfully installed the drivers in my system. You can also try this solution.

Thank you for providing solution for me. I have tried to fix this problem by downloading the NVIDIA VGA Driver 8.17.12.6830 drivers from Acer official site but that does not make any difference. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by modifying the nvam.inf file but after that also result was same. May be I am doing something wrong while modifying the nvam.inf file. Is there any weary to solve this issue?

Yes, may be something went wrong while changing the ID in nvam.inf file and that is why I will suggest you to download the file from attachment below and then you have to extract file in to the C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\275.33\Vista\ International\Display.Driver\ and then when you try to install the drivers at that time your problem will get solved.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have downloaded the attachment which you have mentioned and after that I have extracted it in the Display.Driver and replaced the nvam.inf file. Now after doing that when I tried to install drivers in my laptop at that time my problem get solved. thanks for your help.