Thread: Why I can’t Quad SLI Nvidia Geforce 590 GTX?

Why I can’t Quad SLI Nvidia Geforce 590 GTX?

I purchased couple of Nvidia GeForce 590 GTXs. I installed both of them on my computer and put with bridge in and started to use my computer. recently I replaced 750watt PSU with Corsair 1200AX power supply and APC 1300 XS. With the previous power supply I was able to get 3-way SLI with the cards and was having great performace while playing video games. by using APC 1300 XS I tried to benchmark the system with 3DMark11. However Ups was intervening because of lots of load on UPS. After changing the power supply but still there was no change in the situation. GPU which is not engaging in SLI is a 1- A of the older video card.
    If you know anything about the same then let me know as early as possible.

Re: Why I can’t Quad SLI Nvidia Geforce 590 GTX?

Well I am suspecting that issue is been associated with UPS. But still to get the exact root cause of the problem you should go through the below mentioned check points. Check whether both the card are running on the same BIOS? You should see that clocks as well as voltages for both the cards should be same. you should install GPU-z to check out the same. Do you getting sli bridge is missing message on your computer?

Does your monitor having DVI port? If your answer is yes then give a try to DVI port rather than that of HDMI or Display port. So far I found number of people who are not having DVI port and getting an issue with SLI configuration.

I hope below mentioned information will be useful to you. when you are using Quad SLI technology with having couple of Geforce GTX 590 graphics cards. You will not get support for DisplayPort and DVI #3 outputs. You must enable Quad SLI when you are wanted to use DVI #1 and #2 on both the graphic card. in case you are looking to configure NVIDIA Surround you should have DVI #1 or DVI #2 for second Geforce GTX 590 which should be connected with third monitor. You will get all output connectors in the single card configuration.

If above mentioned information does not help you anymore than you will need to perform custom install of the drivers on your computer. you will need to click on check mark on the installer to when you are looking to perform a custom install. Also see that you are having latest version of graphic card drivers from the official website.