Thread: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 died making popping noise

Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 died making popping noise

Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 in my system has died making popping noise in Furmark, In my case I had set the voltage to the max in NVinspector and was monitoring the temps timely but then I had not added cooling to the VRMs and may be that is the reason it died, the pci connectors are appearing fine but then there was burning smell around, anyways I just wanted to know if there is any solution by which I can recover the same???

Re: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 died making popping noise

Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 in my system has died making popping noise in Furmark, In my case I had set the voltage to the max in NVinspector and was monitoring the temps timely but then I had not added cooling to the VRMs and may be that is the reason it died, the pci connectors are appearing fine but then there was burning smell around, anyways I just wanted to know if there is any solution by which I can recover the same???
    It seems like dead according to the case you have mentioned, anyways just wanted to know that what happens when you are pluging it in the power connection to the outer most PCI-E connection on the card? If you have not tried out the same then try it out and then let me know what you get.

I have tried connecting it to the outer most PCI-E connection on the card but then it is simply not getting started, I have checked out the other PCI-E 6pin connection and they are appearing to be fine but then I don’t know why the machine is not booting with the one PCI-E power connector, I am just getting the beeping error which we generally get when all the power connectors are not plugged in, do you have any idea about the same??? Is there any way by which I can by pass it out??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

See if it had poped then it would be just the cap that might have got damaged, have you checked if there is any burnt spot on the pcb, a better idea will be just post a picture of the tube that might have been blowned, so we can check it out and have a better idea of the card condition.