Thread: Not able to expand TaskBar three Eizo S2243 monitor's using GeForce GTX-580 TriSLI

Not able to expand TaskBar three Eizo S2243 monitor's using GeForce GTX-580 TriSLI

I am have recently set up GeForce GTX-580 TriSLI with three Eizo S2243 monitor's and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to expand the TaskBar to all 3 monitor’s, I am able to get "START" icon as well as the clock in the bottom right corner of the third Monitor, I don’t think that I have missed out anything, I am using SurroundVision for MultiMonitor-setup, I am not able to expand Excel for the three monitors, where as I am not having any issue in Running Crysis 2 & Hawx 2, is there anyone who can help me out??

re: Not able to expand TaskBar three Eizo S2243 monitor's using GeForce GTX-580 TriSLI

I am have recently set up GeForce GTX-580 TriSLI with three Eizo S2243 monitor's and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to expand the TaskBar to all 3 monitor’s, I am able to get "START" icon as well as the clock in the bottom right corner of the third Monitor, I don’t think that I have missed out anything, I am using SurroundVision for MultiMonitor-setup, I am not able to expand Excel for the three monitors, where as I am not having any issue in Running Crysis 2 & Hawx 2, is there anyone who can help me out??
    I am not that sure about the SurroundVision but then I was facing the same issue with ATI eyefinity in the windows and taskbar, later I can across Ultramon and it helped me out in getting independent taskbar for each monitor, if you want then you can download the same and try it out, I am sure it will help you out as well.

re: Not able to expand TaskBar three Eizo S2243 monitor's using GeForce GTX-580 TriSLI

I am aware of Ultramon and I think that ATI eyefinity is much better than it as far as multi screen on 3 monitors is conecrened, it checks out all the Activate All Displays and allows all the screens to independently runs the windows altogether and not just for running game on one monitor and so, it just allows you to play the game on 3 screens and that too without spanding windows in all 3 monitors.

If you want then you can check out DisplayFusion as well, I have been using the same and it just works great without such issues, it is capable of spanning taskbar across all 3 screens and is capable of arranging applications respectively. I think that it will be a better choice, just check it out and see if you find it interesting or not.

I think that I can help you out here, you just need the below things:
    • Matrox Powerdesk- in order to manage the virtual monitors, you can get it for free as well
    • Aston2 Shell- in order to replace the windows shell, you can get a trail version of the same

Once you get them then you can use Matrox PowerDesk software on Nvidia Surround so as to set up the monitors, the setup is similar to the ones that has been mentioned above and after that you can just leave the system in surround view 6040x1080 with 4way SLI and further use monitors as 3 individual monitors and then just maximize them to a single monitor. I think that this will be the best option.

Hey thanks for the same, I have checked out the Matrox Powerdesk as well as Aston2 Shell and they just appear to be a better option but then I have checked out some other forums and have found a no of people saying this:
    • Ultramon is best for nvidia users
    • Eyefinity is best for AMD users

What do you have to say about the same???

Re: Not able to expand TaskBar three Eizo S2243 monitor's using GeForce GTX-580 TriSLI

As far as I know I don’t think that ultramon works in Nvidia Surround mode it is capable of just working in Nvidia multimonitor mode, so I don’t think it is best if it is about surround mode, I have tried out the same and I am pretty sure about it as well, I will stay that Matrox powerdesk for creating virtual monitors and Aston2 shell for replacing the windows Shell is the best option, this can be done using Nvidia surround but then it put the start menu in the first monitor and the extend taskbar across the third and I don’t think that looks good, where as with the Aston2 shell you can place the start menu and task bar accordingly to wherever you want.