Thread: Asus HD7970 DirectCU II

Asus HD7970 DirectCU II

I need to get one graphic card for my PC and this time I am thinking to get the Asus HD7970 DirectCU II. I have gone through some of the reviews of this card but I want some suggestion from people over here. This card seems good. Can you please tell me more about its capability in detail? I will be thankful for all the replies for this.

Re: Asus HD7970 DirectCU II

As usual, the system DirectCU II requires a solid appearance to the card slot with its size threefold. If the card is the same length as a reference Radeon HD 7970 (the PCB is a bit longer but the cooling system does not exceed) or 27.5cm. This is against higher 2.5cm and linked to the cooling system for which the PCB is higher than 1 cm.

The basic system is traversed by DirectCU II heat pipes 6.6mm then shared by the two radiators imposing in an asymmetrical manner. A double metal framework ensures the rigidity of the kit. There is one serving as a support for two fans imposing 10cm and the other being in contact with the memory modules and the sensitive components of the power stage at which it has a small radiator. In the end it has a metal casing and closes the whole and is responsible for channeling air flow to the radiators.

Asus has reviewed the reference connector to provide two DVI and DisplayPort outputs. Their use suffers from a limitation that the second DVI output and DisplayPort output sharing some resources. This we do not know why because in principle there is no limitation in terms of GPU. There is also a little switch to switch to another bios which is used to configure these two outputs.

Asus has also included the HotWire VGA system that allows advanced users to connect the Radeon HD 7970 DirectCU II to a ROG motherboard to read and modify the tensions GPU, memory and PLL directly from it.

Asus delivers his card with a small manual, a CD that contains drivers, a DVI to HDMI adapter, CrossFire bridge, a power converter 2x 6-pin to 8 pin and a small heater to be placed on the power stage when using a cooling system alternative. At the software level, Asus provided Tweak GPU based on Rivatuner and GPU-Z. It can change the frequencies and voltages (on Asus boards only), provides a monitoring and updating the bios.

The card will be pre-overclocked since the processor sees its frequency increased from 925 to 1000MHz and the memory of 1375 to 1400MHz. The Asus HD7970 DirectCU II has 2 x 8pins to feed the beast. It should be compatible with the "Hot Wire" from the Rampage Extreme IV via a cable to 2pins that you solder the VGA you can change the voltage directly through the bios of the R4E.

The Asus Radeon HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP is an Asus customized version of the model based on AMD puts the HD 7970. A few days ago also discussed the release of the Radeon HD 7950 , both in its AMD reference as some custom versions by other manufacturers, we are going to do with Asus brings us to this model so appealing.