Thread: Video card changed to 8bit rather than 16bit after flashing bios

Video card changed to 8bit rather than 16bit after flashing bios

My system is having Asus Crosshair V Formula motherboard and I have flashed the bios to 9.03. from 8.13 successfully and now after reboot my bios is recognizing the primary video card as an 8bit rather than 16bit, I had just flashed the bios to get the updates for it thinking that it will make the system better, anyways is there anyone who can help me out in going back to 8.13 bios version?

Re: Video card changed to 8bit rather than 16bit after flashing bios

My system is having Asus Crosshair V Formula motherboard and I have flashed the bios to 9.03. from 8.13 successfully and now after reboot my bios is recognizing the primary video card as an 8bit rather than 16bit, I had just flashed the bios to get the updates for it thinking that it will make the system better, anyways is there anyone who can help me out in going back to 8.13 bios version?
    Are you talking about pci-e 16x? if yes then just try re-enabling xfire and if that does not help then just reinstall the video card drivers and see if it is making any difference or not, of you want then you can use gpu-z for checking it out. Just try out the suggested solution and the post back the result that you get.

To address the issue in detail, Motherboard bios is seeing it as 8x speed, the card is in the slot 1 where as the card in other slot is seen as 16x speed. I don’t think that this is a driver issue, what might be the other possible cause of this issue??

I think that you should better try out loading optimized defaults in the bios and after that make sure that you are entering the required bios setting for flashing the bios, if this does not help you out then you cab reset the bios so that it goes back to the previous version that was working fine, in order to do the same you will have to pull the bios battery out and then wait for some minutes and then re-seat it and then just power on the machine and see if it is making any difference, I think that resetting the bios should probably help you out with this issue, just try out the above possible solution and then post back the result that you get.