Thread: Is GTX 780 much better than GTX 580 GPU

Is GTX 780 much better than GTX 580 GPU

I want to know that which gpu is better between GTX 780 & GTX 580. I am using the GTX 580 and want to upgrade to 780. Many has told me that that it is much better in performance and output. I need basic help to purchase and some information related to the performance specs. I do not want to go for any other gpu the reason is that I had tested GTX 780 on my system and it was working smooth. Thanks.

Re: Is GTX 780 much better than GTX 580 GPU

It is correct. GTX 780 is better and there is a clear difference in the performance of both graphic ards. GTX 780 is a next generation cpu which if used with a better system like Core i7 based then it can give you the best result. If you can mention the current specs that you are using that it can help to create more light on the performance. Or better you can simply try to figure out some benchmark test of this graphic card. The benchmark comparison of GTX 580 and GTX 780 can give you clear idea about the performance. All in all it is recommended that you must go for the higher series only. There are other new cards also which you can have a look. Do not worry about the compatibility stuff.

The gpu features 1500 CUDA Cores & GDDR5 memory. This is some what higher than GTX 580. It is working on entirely new chip called as crystals kepler. Which is much better. Some test shows that it is also possible to have 2560x1600 pixels resolution on the card on a high end system.

The maximum difference in performance between the GTX 780 and GTX 580 is clearly seen in the game like Crysis 2 and Metro. Almost in all games tested on this new gpu there is a huge gap between the media delivered from the generations of Kepler Fermi. That makes the card much better. If you are planing to buy this I will recommend you to go for the same. The card is quiet better and has nice specification which deals with all kind of graphical needs.

GTX 780 is just a kind of additional replacement for GTX 580. If you are looking for better performance then there is nothing find much on this. I do not think this card is out yet. I had tried to find information on that on many forums, but there are no related queries posted. It can be possible that this card will be out in the coming months. There are some sites which has tested this card already and posted their consideration on the same. You can try having a look ot. There are some benchmark images also which clearly shows what is the performance difference between both the gpus. The performance GTX 780 is twice higher as compared to GTX 580. Because of changed hardware architecture the card becomes much better.

GTX 780 is going to offer next generation support which is better. You do not need to worry about the same. The card is good. Just wait for the release.

It is great to find this that the new card is going to give out a better performance. I think this can be due to the new architecture used. But does that means, a more demanding system. The power and performance issue might increase with time.

This cannot be true. That card is great. I had seen the test of the card which states that it is going to give double the power of GTX 580. You can just imagine what can be performance will be. You can wait till the card is out completely and then plan for purchasing. Till the time there will be sites which will keep on adding new information and updates on the card and performance test also.