Thread: Some strange Characters showing on the monitor

Some strange Characters showing on the monitor

hi guys

I need help here my monitor is displaying something strange on the screen, some kind of Characters which I don’t understand. I am using the windows xp as my operating system and trouble shooting is not helping me in any case. I even check the RAM but that is also not helping, I have two thought either it is bios or it might be some virus but I ma not bale to get the correct answer to this, my friend was saying that this is because of the graphic card which is GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB . so is ther any ine here can tell me what might be problem with the monitor display I would be really appreciating this

Thanks in advance

Re: Some strange Characters showing on the monitor

well, might be this is because of the monitor messed up and trying to shows a message like "No Signal" or the monitor is set for a other language.

What take place while you press the menu button in the monitor? Please tell me that

If you’re getting some kind of Windows display with weird characters, you perhaps contain corrupted fonts.

Is there some boot sequence noticeable when the computer starts up?

Just try to log in with the Safe Mode, by pressing F8 when boot?

This look to me as your friend said , a graphic card issue , try to boot the machine without the graphic card inserted in and see if you able get rid of that post bac and tell me if you got any successes .

Yeah look like the graphic card issue to me as well , might be that the card is not able to process the graphical information correctly . this might be because of may be overheating or some permanent damage because of that may be this is time for you to get the new card but it would be better that you check the heatsink and fan if that have anything wrong .

Graphic card is the culprit , there is no other reason that might be causing this . why don’t you try to use the other PCI-E slot, and connect the monitor to other output on your graphics card see if that help. See if the card is not overheating. Also you can if possible can use the another graphic card and monitor on rthe system

Thanks guys for the reply guys I really appreciate that. Like to tell you all that the card was put in on the XP system where this issue first occurred. So I just tried the card on the Windows 7 system and there was no strange characters but there was some horizontal lines. So I shut down the system before the system boot startup itself but now it Didn't allow to start the Windows screen. so I went to the local vender and he said the card is 3 to 4 years might be expire. Really bummer .