Thread: Which graphic card is best for Mass Effect 3 demo?

Which graphic card is best for Mass Effect 3 demo?

I want to know that which graphic card is the best to be used with the Mass Effect 3 demo game. I have not started to play the game but before I start, I want to make sure that the system that I am using is able to run the game without any problem. Please reply with the suggestion or your experience for the game with your graphic card. Thank you so much in advance for replying in advance.

Re: Which graphic card is best for Mass Effect 3 demo?

I am using the Radeon 4670 with Intel dual core CPU 2.7Ghz. This is running Windows XP SP3. There is no problem with the game. It is running quite well. You can also go for the same graphic card and play the game without any issue.

I think that it will be better for you to compare your system specification with the Minimum requirements and see where you are lacking for running the game. If you are below the minimum requirement then you will have problem with the game otherwise you can play the game without any issue.

Minimum requirements:
    • OS – Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1, Win 7 (Supported chipsets: NVIDIA 7900 or better; ATI X1800 or better. Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 9300, 8500, 8400, and 8300 are below minimum system requirements, as are AMD/ATI Radeon HD3200, HD3300, and HD4350. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.)
    • CPU – 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (equivalent AMD CPU)
    • RAM – 1GB for XP / 2GB RAM for Vista/Win 7
    • Disc Drive – 1x speed
    • Hard Drive – 15 GB of free space
    • Video – 256 MB (with Pixel Shader 3.0 support)
    • Sound – DirectX 9.0c compatible
    • DirectX – DirectX 9.0c August 2009 (included)

Recommended specs:
    • OS – Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1, Win 7
    • CPU – 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (equivalent AMD CPU)
    • RAM – 2GB for XP / 4GB RAM for Vista/Win 7
    • Disc Drive – 1x speed
    • Hard Drive – 15 GB of free space
    • Video – AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB or greater, NVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB or greater
    • Sound – DirectX 9.0c compatible

In any case, if you tone down a few of the settings then you will be able to play the game but it will not be on the optimum level. Other than this the dynamic shadows have a tendency to push older cards a bit more. You can also try to turn off the antialialising and this will boost the frame rates. Anyway, if your computer specification is not up to the mark of the minimum system requirement then it will be just waste to get the game.

My recommendation for you is to make use of the 9800GTX 512MB. I am also having the same and this is running the game smoothly. I never face problem with this and so I am sure that it will not make any problem for you as well.

I don’t think that the ATI Radeon HD 4670 is a good choice for you but that is meeting the minimum specifications but that is not meeting the recommended specifications and so you will not get the best performance from this. If you are going to get a new card then it is recommended to get best one as it will avoid any kind of problem that you might face in future.

I am having the Radeon HD 5770 and that is working great for the demo. I am really happy with this. If you want to get any other then the 6770 is also a better option for you. These two cards are better that the recommended one like Radeon HD 4850. I can also play with the setting which is maxed out at 1080p. Other than this, I am having the Intel Core i5-2500k quad core processor.

While playing the game, you must make must make sure that the AA sit burned off a bit and this will help you to boost the performance a bit. If you feel some problem with the gameplay then you can also try by altering the resolution of the game a bit and that will solve the problem for you.