Thread: Gateway M520 laptop shows Pink dots and lines on images

Gateway M520 laptop shows Pink dots and lines on images

I have this laptop Gateway M520 series laptop which just recently started to having this problem of showing the Pink dots and lines on desktop wall paper or any image image or any content on the webpage. And if I restart the computer everything goes to the normal. I have even updated my drivers to the latest one it is a Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME adapter . they just come and goes . is there anyone here know anything about this I would be really appreciating this , look like a graphic issue me what do you guys feels

Re: Gateway M520 laptop shows Pink dots and lines on images

Doesn’t look like a graphic card issue its more look as if the display has gone bad. Did you checked it with the external monitor to see if the display is working fine , and if it does then we have to see the graphic card setting

I thing you are have the problem which in the technical term referred as the bleeding in LCD. Well I would like to suggest you that you should update video drivers or try to connect external monitor and see the same thing happen even then with the external monitor if yes then the graphic card will be working fine but if same problem is appearing on the external monitor as well then the problem is with the LCD

Hi guys

I have the same problem and I looked everywhere but not able to find the solution to this , I don’t have the external monitor to check what is the exact problem is . is there any other way to find out whether it is the LCD or the graphic card problem or I have to contact the customer support .

Well it doesn’t matter what the color of my desktop background is I see the little orangeish/pink and some blue ones now. I have reinstalled my windows to see if that works but apparently the lines and dots are back on the screen . I have not yet tried the external monitor so will be post about that on sometime latter.

I was having the same issue on my laptop and it was very frustrating at that time but the is a way to solve the issue all you need to do is go to the Display settings and changing DPI from 96 to 120. That will do it your problem will be solve by doing this . hope this help

Dear Elwoody

Please confirm the same in bois whether you see the same spot there or not.if the spots are coming at bois screen then there is a display issue & you need to visit service center for further support.

Also if your system is under waaranty then speak to us on Acer Toll free & generate a case id for the same & visit to service center to rectify your issues.

Regards
    Acer_India

Quote Originally Posted by Elwoody View Post
    I have this laptop Gateway M520 series laptop which just recently started to having this problem of showing the Pink dots and lines on desktop wall paper or any image image or any content on the webpage. And if I restart the computer everything goes to the normal. I have even updated my drivers to the latest one it is a Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME adapter . they just come and goes . is there anyone here know anything about this I would be really appreciating this , look like a graphic issue me what do you guys feels
    Hi,

Can you please send us your contact details via a personal message? We will get in touch with you and help you sort this out.