Thread: Need PSU voltage Requirements for ASUS graphic card?

Need PSU voltage Requirements for ASUS graphic card?

hi guys
    I was planning to upgrade my graphic card, so was looking for the minimum range card . I found two card that I am looking to buy and those card is

1. ASUS EAH5450 Radeon HD 5450 1GB DDR3
    2. ASUS EAH5450 Radeon HD 5450 512MB DDR2

Now the card is not my problem but the issue is with the PSU voltage requirement for those card which I am unable to find in the on the specs. Is there any particular reason to that, I can see that information on other brand why not ASUS or am I looking in the wrong section . can anyone here help me to find, I will be really appreciating this

Thanks

Re: Need PSU voltage Requirements for ASUS graphic card?

Well I don’t remember the exact site name right now but I know some website has the Power Supply unit Calculator that can help you to figure out the required voltage for your system graphic card. Use Google to locate such site.

Well I think that card might not required the secondary power connection other than the power that available from the PCI slot. And if I am not worng then you need not have to worries for the power supply of the minimum range card as they may not need the extra voltage power , so I guess that is why may be the PSU voltage Requirements is not mentioned in there specs

I think you are looking in the wrong section as on the specs they have mentioned that but not as the required voltage but the WATT and for that kind of card you might need the 400 watt minimum. Hope this might help.

Thanks for the reply well I don’t know it called the watt . I thought lot of card uses the pci slot will be having the 220-250 PS but I saw some uses the 300 watts that why I was so concern .

I would like to suggest you that the 400 watt is perfect for you. That will help you in the worst case scenario. I will be very much confidence in using the 300 watt and if you knew your computer spec then even 250 watt will be fine with no heavy load on the system