Thread: Windows 7 cannot recognize Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTS

Windows 7 cannot recognize Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTS

My current system specs are as follows:
    • Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    • Gateway P-6860FX
    • Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz (2 CPUs)
    • 4GB Ram

Now the problem is computer not recognizing graphics card noted. The issue started while playing the game and while going through the heavy artifacting. The games ended in freezing and a BSOD. I immediately restarted the computer and there was no error. But the system doesn’t show up my graphics card at all. The device manager shows me an error code 43.

Re: Windows 7 cannot recognize Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTS

Normally, the onboard graphics is always disabled when a dedicated Graphics is used. If your 8800 is not installed correctly or not broken, you have to disable the onboard graphics in the bios. Otherwise there is a chance that the graphics card is not properly seated in the slot. If it is not the case, the Short circuit might have caused this issue.

I had the same problem and after a complete diagnosis, I saw that it was not a hardware problem. The number of subjects for this card being important on the net, I looked for a solution and it exists! First make sure that you know what to do because it's about the BIOS. Technically, no need to be knowledgeable, but do not fiddle around.

How it is all displayed in the Device Manager (e.g. a standard graphics card) and you have installed the appropriate chipset drivers from the board manufacturer, when missing it may happen that the hardware is not recognized correctly.

Reboot the computer and start the bios (by pressing the F2 key to the Asus). Once on the screen, look & save settings tab, and select "restore" to restore all factory settings (This does not affect your documents or even hard drives, it's just a restoration of how to start). In fact, it seems that the card no longer detected when the connection type is changed to 'IDE' or 'ADHI'. And you will see that the card is again found. I don’t know against what cannot change the bios in this way, if it's software or just a bug!

• Download the latest drivers from the official Nvidia download site.
    • First extract Nvidia drivers (by default at C: \ NVIDIA \ Display Driver \ [driver version number])
    • Then go into the Device Manager and right click on the "unknown device" and choose "Update Driver Software".
    • "Browse my computer for driver software" > "For a list of device drivers on my computer" > "Have Disk" > "Browse" and afterward look for the "inf" file in the unzipped Nvidia driver folder with "OK" and next choose the Graphics card appears in the list and click "Next".

I hope it works this way.

Many graphics cards indeed have a connector on the power supply.

Have you tested this?

If this has a loose connection?

The graphics card would be looking like does not work without power, but before that I would say you should check for all connections