Thread: How can I use Sony NSG-MR1 remote to control Apple TV Gen2?

How can I use Sony NSG-MR1 remote to control Apple TV Gen2?

right now I am having Sony NSX-46GT1 TV and Apple TV. I am looking to control Apple TV box by making use of Sony NSG-MR1 remote. So far there is no issue when connecting ATV box to Google TV even there was no problem while performing setup. But the problem I am getting is IR Blaster code 22615 not working. I could not get any key to trigger Apple TV at the time of setup. Do you have any idea to resolve the issue.

Re: How can I use Sony NSG-MR1 remote to control Apple TV Gen2?

Well I am suspecting the issue with pairing and I don’t think so it would work for us. Any apple product which is using the remote and any remote can control any of the device. In case you lose one then you will be able to get the another one from the market. If you wanted to pair or unpair the device you should press and hold menu as well as left button to unpair where as to pair press and hold menu as well as right button for six second.

I do agree with the steps which you have mentioned over here. it will bring back your ATV2 to factory and code which you have given to Sony would work. If it is not working than I am suspecting that Sony remote would permit the multiple key entry. Well I am wondering that menu is like Fn+DVR and hence you will need to use Fn+DVR+right on pad and pair the same.

Well you have to take care of the thing that code you are going to use for the Apple TV unit is correct. Once done, entire thing will become quite easy. You have to remember that menu key is FN+DVR button the remote of yours. you should take care that IR blaster is covering the IR port of Apple TV.

As far as I know there are no power button available on Apple TV2. There is no need of making special setup. You have to take care of the thing which is mentioned in the previous post. Also you should discard power signal test from the Wizard and in the rest of the situation remote buttons are going to work great. It works like dump when pressing FN + DVR to get MENU button.
    You can also try to add manually Apple TV2 as it is connected with the HDMI input. Because ATV2 is not HDMI-CEC compliant device.