Thread: HP ZR30w blinks off due to overheating

HP ZR30w blinks off due to overheating

Yesterday got a brand new HP ZR30w monitor. From today it started blinks off after 2 to 5 minutes or so. When blinking starts, it will continue for few seconds. I am sure that it is not due to the software. When in idle condition, it also acts as same thing. I think it is happening due to the increase temps. The screen sometimes feels very warm and hot air coming from back. There are no fans to cool this thing. Any suggestions over this?

Re: HP ZR30w blinks off due to overheating

I used the monitor in different systems using different A-brand cables. But everywhere the problem was same. I have got APC voltage regulator to check the power supply. Everything was fine there. So far I have tested all the possible external causes and nothing bring it back. So I assume that it is the cause of ZR30w structural production flaw. Maybe heat but there is no reason to pinpoint on that issue.

I can tell that problem is not due to the overheating. I usually see few blinks every day from morning to evening. It is might be happening either due to the faulty cable, adapter or power variation. The surrounding temps also cause this. Make sure that there are no magnetic or elector magnetic devices or components near the monitor. It can cause the blinks. If it is more annoying then send it back for replacement, since it is still a brand new.

First of all I thought that the issue is regarding the nVidia GTX 580 card. Blinking might be due to the DVI-D to DVI-D. To switch over different ports if possible. If there is Displayport on video card. Also try HDMI, if available. If there is no compatible connection, then use the adapter to make connection between 2 things.

As you told, I tested the monitor on HDMI, Display Port and DVI using with the help of different computer but everywhere the problem was the same, no matter what port and cable I use and how they are connected. I would consider that there is probably overheating issue and I should consider replacement very soon.