Thread: HP 500b MT is not displaying video

HP 500b MT is not displaying video

I have bought HP 500b MT but then I have found that it is not displaying video, the system seems to be fine, I am sure about this because I am having a vnc server on the system and after it gets booted I am able to log in remotely and I am not having any issues with it, I just wanted to know if it is possible to install a PCI or AGP video card after disabling the onboard video using the jumper and so, is there anyone who has an idea about it?

Re: HP 500b MT is not displaying video

I have bought HP 500b MT but then I have found that it is not displaying video, the system seems to be fine, I am sure about this because I am having a vnc server on the system and after it gets booted I am able to log in remotely and I am not having any issues with it, I just wanted to know if it is possible to install a PCI or AGP video card after disabling the onboard video using the jumper and so, is there anyone who has an idea about it?
    As far as I am aware you should not have any issue In installing a supported PCI Express (PCIe) x16 video card and I think that will be a better option as well rather than going for a PCI video card , the other thing that I wanted to share is that there are no jumper or BIOS settings which you can change but then simply Installing an add on video card will be disabling the onboard video automatically. Hope that helps.

Thanks for that but then I just wanted to know which will be the best Supported video cards for the 500B MT in my case, so I can get them instead of going for PCI video card, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I have checked out for the same and I have found the below tow to be well supported for you 500B MT, I think that choosing amongst these will be a smarter decision:
    • NVIDIA GeForce G210 HDMI PCIe x16 Card
    • ATI Radeon HD 4350 HDMI PCIe x16 Graphics Card