Thread: Getting balck screen when enabling sli on 2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Getting balck screen when enabling sli on 2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

I am having MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB and I have overclocked it as well but then the problem that I am facing with it is that when i am not able to get the SLI working with 2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti, They are getting detected well but then when I am enabling sli then the I hear the device disconnecting sound and then the screen goes black saying 'No input detected, I don’t know what is the issue all about is there anyone who has an idea about it??

re: Getting balck screen when enabling sli on 2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

I am having MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB and I have overclocked it as well but then the problem that I am facing with it is that when i am not able to get the SLI working with 2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti, They are getting detected well but then when I am enabling sli then the I hear the device disconnecting sound and then the screen goes black saying 'No input detected, I don’t know what is the issue all about is there anyone who has an idea about it??
    Ok, just post the system specification so I can have a better idea about the issue that you are facing, other than this I just wanted on know that had you uninstalled the old driver before installing the latest one, if not then try it out and then let me know if the problem still exist.

I had uninstalled the old drivers completely and after that I had installed the latest driver for it and have done it for several times but then the issue is still the same, below is my system specification:
    • CPU – i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz
    • RAM – 16gb G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 1600mhz
    • PSU – Silverstone Strider Plus 850W
    • SSD – Kingston HyperX 120GB
    • HDD – WD Caviar Black 1TB
    • COOLER – Antec Kuhler H20 620

Ok, I will suggest you to use Driver Sweeper to completely erase all Nvidia driver and after that install the driver in the safe mode and then reboot the machine and check out if the issue is the same or it is solved, if that is not helping then you can try out the latest Beta driver as well, even if that’s not helping then it will be better if you install one card first and then install the driver for it and after that do the same for the second card and see if it is making any difference, just perform these solutions and then let me know the result that you get.

After your suggestion I have tried to use the Driver Sweeper and installed the driver in the safe mode and I did the same for the old driver as well as the Beta driver that you suggested but then they did not helped, Other than this I have also followed the one at a time method, I mean that I have installed the driver for the first card followed by the second individually but then it is still not making any difference and the issue still exist, I am really not able to track out the actual cause of this issue, what you think might be the possible cause??

Have you tried out using different SLI Bridges or trying out the Bridge both ways, if not then try it out, I wanted to share that I have found one mentioning that he had the same issue and the cause of it was Realtek LAN drivers but then I am not very sure about the same, if you want then you can try out uninstalling the LAN drivers and check out if you are having the same case or not, just try it out and let me know what you get.

Yes I have tried out using 2 different SLI Bridges as well but then they are not helping in any ways, now I have also uninstalled the lan driver as well but then I don’t think that it was the possible cause because the issue exist even after uninstalling it. Other than this I have also updated my motherboard Bios but then no matter what I am trying I am not able to get the sli working in my case, is there any other workaround that I can try out?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.