Thread: Dual GeForce 8800 GT overclocking options are missing from Nvidia Control Panel

Dual GeForce 8800 GT overclocking options are missing from Nvidia Control Panel

I have been using Dual GeForce 8800 GT in my computer and I was not having any issues with the same but then now after updating to the 285.62 it did not upgraded all the products, so after that I installed 280.26 and now the problem that have found is that the overclocking options, fan controls, chassis light controls, ability to save profiles are missing from the Nvidia Control Panel, I had not faced this issue by now so I don’t have much knowledge about it, is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: Dual GeForce 8800 GT overclocking options are missing from Nvidia Control Panel

I have been using Dual GeForce 8800 GT in my computer and I was not having any issues with the same but then now after updating to the 285.62 it did not upgraded all the products, so after that I installed 280.26 and now the problem that have found is that the overclocking options, fan controls, chassis light controls, ability to save profiles are missing from the Nvidia Control Panel, I had not faced this issue by now so I don’t have much knowledge about it, is there anyone who can help me out??
    If you were not having this problem before than I will suggest you to roll back to the previous driver and see if you are able to solve out the issue but then if it is not helping the you can try to do a restore from the point when you were not having this problem, anyways just try these solutions and then let me know if they are helping you out or not.

Re: Dual GeForce 8800 GT overclocking options are missing from Nvidia Control Panel

I have tried out restoring it from the point when I was not having this issue but then I don’t know why I am still getting the same, I have tried uninstalling the driver completely and then reinstalling the driver that I was using before but then now even it is not helping me out, is there any other solution that I can try out to resolve this issue, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I was having the same issue but then later I had solved it out with the below solutions, just try it out and see if it is helping:
    • First uninstall the driver and then reboot in to the safe mode and after that delete the folders that are there in C:\Users\*User Name*\AppData\Local\Nvidia Corporation; C:\NVIDIA\SystemTools; C:\Program Files (x86)\Nvidia Corporation.
    • After that download and install the CCleaner and then open the same and then go in to Tools > Uninstall and just Highlight Nvidia Performance and then select the delete entry option.
    • When you are done with the same then Run Driver Cleaner Pro / Driver Sweeper as well as CCleaner and then it will fix the registry.
    • Now use the regedit command and then and search for {7C7F30F4-94E7-4AA8-8941-90C4A80C68BF} and also delete the same from the registry and then reboot the machine and then install the GPU driver.

Hope that helps.