Thread: ASUS 9800GT 1GB is appearing to be dead

ASUS 9800GT 1GB is appearing to be dead

I was browsing over the web and the screen was glitching a bit, I thought that it was because of the overheating and so, so I turned off the computer and after half an hour when I turned it on then the screen is just black and I am not able to hear beep sound from the internal speaker as well, I had removed the graphic card and after that things were working fine, so I am thinking that the graphic card is dead but then I am not very sure about the same, I just wanted to know if there is some workaround that I can try out to confirm if it is actually dead or not and what was the possible cause of it.

Re: ASUS 9800GT 1GB is appearing to be dead

I was browsing over the web and the screen was glitching a bit, I thought that it was because of the overheating and so, so I turned off the computer and after half an hour when I turned it on then the screen is just black and I am not able to hear beep sound from the internal speaker as well, I had removed the graphic card and after that things were working fine, so I am thinking that the graphic card is dead but then I am not very sure about the same, I just wanted to know if there is some workaround that I can try out to confirm if it is actually dead or not and what was the possible cause of it.
    I think that this would have happened because of the insufficient power supply and that is the possible cause that I can think off as you said that the screen has started glitching suddenly when you were browsing, anyways just post the specification of the system that you are having, so I can have a better idea about the issue that you are facing.

Re: ASUS 9800GT 1GB is appearing to be dead

Even i am thinking about the same, anyways below is the specification of my system:
    • AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor
    • 4Gb DDR2 CORSAIR 1066MHz RAM
    • Asus M4N78 - AM Mother Board
    • 460W Cooler Master PSU

I was having a decent psu but then I don’t know why this happened.