Thread: Need to reinstall GeForce 9800 GTX drivers after every boot for playing games

Need to reinstall GeForce 9800 GTX drivers after every boot for playing games

I need to reinstall the graphic driver every time to play the games when I reboot the machine, I am tired of installing drivers by now, I am having GeForce 9800 GTX in my system, is there anyone who has faced same issue and can help me to resolve it?? I have tried to uninstall the driver completely and then install the driver but then it is not making any difference.

Re: Need to reinstall GeForce 9800 GTX drivers after every boot for playing games

I need to reinstall the graphic driver every time to play the games when I reboot the machine, I am tired of installing drivers by now, I am having GeForce 9800 GTX in my system, is there anyone who has faced same issue and can help me to resolve it?? I have tried to uninstall the driver completely and then install the driver but then it is not making any difference.
    I will like to know the specification of your system so that I can have a better idea about the issue that you are facing, other than this I also wanted to know are you facing this for specific games or it just happens for all the games that you have, let me know the solutions that you have tried so far, so that I don’t suggest you the same as it would be just a waste of time.

Re: Need to reinstall GeForce 9800 GTX drivers after every boot for playing games

I have been facing this issue for the following games:
    • Battlefield Bad Company 2
    • Nehrim

But then I am not having any issues with the games like Modern warfare, Starcraft, Mass Effect, Starcraft 2, the specification of my system is as followed:
    • Windows 7 32 bit
    • GeForce 9800 GTX/GTX+
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ (3 GHz)
    • 4 Gigs corsair

I am having the same issue with NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT and bad company 2 is the common game in our issue, by now I have tried out the below driver versions but then I have been facing the same:

Is there anyone who can help me out as well.

I will suggest you to download EVGA precision and after that check out the temp of the graphics card that you are having and see if it is getting overheated and so, if yes then just clean out the case as well as the heatsink that resides on the graphics card, actually I am suggesting you so because I had faced the same issue when I used to play Knight Online but then after checking it out I found that the temp was reaching 65-75 celcius, I am not having the same issue now and the temp is stable between 50-60 celcius, I am not that sure that you might be having the same case but then you can sure give it a try.

I don’t think that I am having the same case as that of yours, as I have been using EVGA precision to track out the temp and in my case they stay between 45 and 55, the case is clean as well, I am not able to track out what is the actual cause of this issue but then I want to solve it out somehow, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I don’t know how come you are still having the issue with the 266.58 drivers, actually I was facing similar problems but then they were solved after installing the latest 266.58 drivers, in your case the issue seems to be like video driver crash and it occurs because of the below reasons:
    • Inadequate power
    • Bad overclocking
    • Overheating

So just make sure that you are not having any of these.

I am facing the same issue and I am really running out of ideas now, here is the complete specification of my system:
    • ACER Aspire 8920G
    • Windows 7 Ultimate
    • Intel Core 2 Duo processor T9500 (2.6Ghz, 800MHZ FSB, 6 MB L2 cache)
    • Up to 1791MB NVIDIA GeForce 9650M GS TurboCache
    • 4GB DDR2 (2 sockets x 2GB DDR2 ram)
    • 1TB eSata internal HDD (2 HDD bays x 500GB)

I have tried out a no of drivers by now including the 266.58 drivers but then it is really not helping, any help for this will be highly appreciated.

I think that I can help you out here, I was facing the same since a week and after trying out a no of solutions I finally found a effective solution and it is that we have to remove the Asus Gamer OSD and after that the problem will be solved, this has found to be working for a no of people having this issue so I am quite sure that it will help, just try it out guyz.