Thread: Need help with GeForce 8600 GTS 512MB GDDR3

Need help with GeForce 8600 GTS 512MB GDDR3

I have recently bought Nvidia graphics GeForce 8600 GTS 512MB GDDR3 but then when I installed it on the motherboard and then turned on the machine then I was not getting any image on the display, I thought that there was some problem with the power supply so now I have bought new 500W but then I am getting the same response, is there anyone who can help me fixing this??

Re: Need help with GeForce 8600 GTS 512MB GDDR3

I have recently bought Nvidia graphics GeForce 8600 GTS 512MB GDDR3 but then when I installed it on the motherboard and then turned on the machine then I was not getting any image on the display, I thought that there was some problem with the power supply so now I have bought new 500W but then I am getting the same response, is there anyone who can help me fixing this??
    Before I suggest you something about the same i wanted to know the specification of your system so I can have a better idea about the issue that you are having ,I also wanted to know that the card you have bought is not faulty and so, I mean that have you checked the same out on other machine or not, if not then try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference.

The specification of my computer is as followed:
    • CPU: Pentium D 3.40GHz
    • Motherboard: MSI G41M-P28
    • Memory: 2GB DDR3 1333
    • Power supply: PS: 500W JET

I have checked it on the other machine probably on a new MSI G41M-P28 but then I got the same response, I was not able to try it out on some other machine having different motherboard, so it is making me think that there is something wrong with the compatibility but then I am not that sure about the same, what you think can be the cause of this issue??

Ok, just wanted to know that have you tried disabling the integrated graphics and then setting the primary graphics to PCIe in the BIOS, if not than try out the same and see if you are able to get any signal in the monitor, if not then the card itself might be faulty and you will have to get it replaced.

I have been looking out for that option but then it seems that the motherboard in my case is not having the option to disable the integrated graphics, I am sure that the card was working as the card is second hand and it was working with the user system from whom I have bought it but then I don’t know why is it not working in mine. is there any other solution that I can try out to solve the issue, any further help for the same will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The last thing that you can try out is connecting monitor into the onboard GFX output and see if you are able to get it work, if not then the card might be surely faulty or might have turned faulty after you bought it from the other user, I don’t think that there is any other solution that you can try out to get it work.

I have now connected the monitor to the onboard integrated graphic card and it is working fine with the same but then I am not able to find out the option to disable it, I think that the new Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 512MB GDDR3 will work if I will disable the integrated graphic card, I am really running out of ideas now, I don’t know what to do, I am sure that the graphic card is working but then I don’t know how to get it work in my system, what should I try now???

I am not very sure but then I think that you should be able to change init Video from Onboard to PCIe, anyways if you are not then I will suggest you to better try to contact the MSI and see what they have to say about the same.