Thread: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Driver needs to be installed after reboot

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Driver needs to be installed after reboot

I have recently installed NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti in my system and I was facing problem with the games like Rift but then later i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the same and then everything was working fine till I uninstalled the driver using an uninstaller and uninstalled it completely, later I installed the driver and then everything was working fine but then after reboot the I was facing the same lagging issues in the game, I have found that after every reboot there is a need to reinstall the driver so that it works fine, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving it??

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Driver needs to be installed after reboot

I have recently installed NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti in my system and I was facing problem with the games like Rift but then later i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the same and then everything was working fine till I uninstalled the driver using an uninstaller and uninstalled it completely, later I installed the driver and then everything was working fine but then after reboot the I was facing the same lagging issues in the game, I have found that after every reboot there is a need to reinstall the driver so that it works fine, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving it??
    Your issues seems to be weird but then it appears as if something is wrong with the operating system as the problem starts again after reboot, I will suggest you to better try out the same card on other machine and see if you are getting the same response or not. Just check it out and then let me know what you get.

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know if you are having ASUS utilities installed on your machine like GamerOSD and other, if yes then just uninstall them and after that install the driver and then reboot the machine and see if there is still a need to install the driver or the issue is basically solved, Try it out and then let me know the result. Best of luck.

I think that you were right actually the GamerOSD and other OSD programs were included in the installation of my graphic card but then after you solution the problem appears to be solved, I have crossed checked it by rebooting several times but then have not yet faced the same issue, anyways I just wanted to know that can uinstalling GamerOSD and other OSD programs result in to some other issues?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.