Thread: Need graphics card for Dell Optiplex 755 SFF

Need graphics card for Dell Optiplex 755 SFF

Hello, i have Dell Optiplex 755 SFF desktop and willing to add graphic card on it. It has low profile PCIe slot and power supply of 275W. Will ATI Radeon HD 4650 512MB Low Profile work on my computer? I am listing my requirements here.
    • 1 PCI express
    • 2 low profile
    • 512 or bigger
    • 2 output ports of any VGA,DVI or HDMI
    • It should work with 275W

I have some computers with same configuration and It will be better if i get dual monitor graphics cards for all of them.

Re: Need graphics card for Dell Optiplex 755 SFF

I think ATI radeon HD 6670 would work with 275 W of power supply. Doesn’t matter which card you prefer but it will need maximum 75 Watts of the power from PCIe lane. Those graphic card which need more than 75 watts of power supply will need additional power connector for it. The HD 6670 will need only 66 watts of the power. Unfortunately dell power supply unit doesn’t provide additional power connector. Another PSU that will work for is Nvidia GT 440. Before buying any graphic card you should check the size of the graphic card as it may be bigger than the available size in your system.

May be you should try SAPPHIRE HD 6670 as it will not need any extra power supply. By using this card you will also be able to play latest games and applications. This card is low profile card and will be ideal for your low profile PCIe slot. It has also got the slim single slot cooler. Though it is small in size it gives you same performance like other graphics cards. According to the survey this is the fastest low profile graphic card available.

I am also in need of graphic card for Optiplex 755 SFF. I want a graphic card with HDMI port to connect it to the HD TV. I have PCIe x16 slot in my computer. Most confusing part while determining a graphics card is finding it’s BUS type version. I read the manual which says:
    • Bus type PCI 2.3
    • PCI Express 1.0A
    • Bus speed PCI: 133 MBs
    • PCI Express x16: 8 GB/s bidirectional speed

Is it possible to use PCI express 2.0 or 2.1 x16 card in my system? i wanted to ask it because one technical said it might work 1.0A speed.

I have dell desktop computer and wanted HDMI port for connecting to my 55” HD TV. I was looking for the graphic card without fan because the i don’t have that much space in my computer that can hold card with fan. Lately i have purchased the Nvidia GT 430 1 GB which has the small fan and it also fits inside my system. It works fine for watching HD videos and streaming videos. I don’t play games so i don’t know how much it will help for gaming. Otherwise it is better video card.

Quote Originally Posted by Ella Mentry View Post
    Hello, i have Dell Optiplex 755 SFF desktop and willing to add graphic card on it. It has low profile PCIe slot and power supply of 275W. Will ATI Radeon HD 4650 512MB Low Profile work on my computer? I am listing my requirements here.
    • 1 PCI express
    • 2 low profile
    • 512 or bigger
    • 2 output ports of any VGA,DVI or HDMI
    • It should work with 275W

I have some computers with same configuration and It will be better if i get dual monitor graphics cards for all of them.
    Hi,
    Yes HD 4650 works just be careful to pick up one that is not wider-taller (whatever) that metal PCI bracket. I would you suggest you some better cards like Radeon: HD 5570, HD 6570, and probably one of the best cards for Optiplex 755/760, Radeon HD 6670.. There is also HD 5450 which is good for HTPC. From Nvidia, there is GT430. All this cards forks fine with 755/760.

Quote Originally Posted by Anita Bath View Post
    I am also in need of graphic card for Optiplex 755 SFF. I want a graphic card with HDMI port to connect it to the HD TV. I have PCIe x16 slot in my computer. Most confusing part while determining a graphics card is finding it’s BUS type version. I read the manual which says:
    • Bus type PCI 2.3
    • PCI Express 1.0A
    • Bus speed PCI: 133 MBs
    • PCI Express x16: 8 GB/s bidirectional speed

Is it possible to use PCI express 2.0 or 2.1 x16 card in my system? i wanted to ask it because one technical said it might work 1.0A speed.
    Yes it is! Radeon HD 5450 is 2.0 and forks great! Problem is with BusType 1.0 not for 1.0A and higer of cours .