Thread: Desktop is not able to detect second monitor/hdtv

Desktop is not able to detect second monitor/hdtv

I have been using dell inspiron 570 and I have recently bought a HDTV and the problem is that when I am connecting the hdtv to the dell computer using the hdmi port then it is just not detecting the second monitor, the video card(nvidia) is the same standard one that came with the desktop, I am not able to track out the cause of it, is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: Desktop is not able to detect second monitor/hdtv

I have been using dell inspiron 570 and I have recently bought a HDTV and the problem is that when I am connecting the hdtv to the dell computer using the hdmi port then it is just not detecting the second monitor, the video card(nvidia) is the same standard one that came with the desktop, I am not able to track out the cause of it, is there anyone who can help me out??
    I will suggest you to first make sure that the hdmi port of the hdtv works fine without any issue and also check out the hdmi cord and see if it is properly inserted or not, just check out these basic things if you have not and then let me know if you still have the issue.

I have checked all these thing out, I mean that I am very sure that the hdmi port on the tv works as it works well with the blueray that I am having, the hdmi cord also works fine and I have checked it out and made sure that it is plugged well to the desktop, I think that there is no problem with the hdtv but then the issue is with the desktop but then I am not able to find out the possible cause of the issue, is there any other solution that I can try out to track down the cause and fix it as well??

In that case I just wanted to know if you are having the monitor connected to the DVI port if yes then just disconnect it and after that attach your tv and see if it is making any difference because there are possibilities where the video card with the DVI and HDMI might be allowing only one to work, just see if you are having the same case or not, if not then just turn off the computer and after that connect the tv and then turn it on and see if is helping. Just check it out and then let me know the result you get. Best of luck.

I have tried out the above solutions but then they are just not making any difference in my case the the computer is still not detecting the hdtv, the screen just keeps on saying “no signal” and so, I wanted to know if there could be something wrong with the video card as the hdmi port is not appearing to be defective, which will be a better graphic card that I could get?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I will suggest you to better get the latest driver for the graphic card that you are having but then if it is not making any difference then you can get a new video card, probably ATI HD 5670 and then run the tv connected to the computer, if you are not that fond of gaming and al then the 6570 will be a better choice as it is cheaper, in my case I have used HDMI cable for connecting a circa-2006 Viewsonic TV to my computer and has not yet faced any such issue by now, I think that 6570 will be a good choice for home theater PC, just check it out and see if you are liking it or not.

Hey thanks for that I will try out the possible solution, I also wanted to know that is there any method of to transmit sound to the tv, I mean is there any option to do so or I will have to stay watching the tv and get the audio from the computer speakers?? Further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

Hey thanks for that I will try out the possible solution, I also wanted to know that is there any method of to transmit sound to the tv, I mean is there any option to do so or I will have to stay watching the tv and get the audio from the computer speakers?? Further help for the same will be highly appreciated.
    I will like to inform you that the dell Inspiron 570 is not having a DVI port but then it is just having vga and hdmi, you will have to do some extra steps in order to connect tv, I mean that you will have to get the correct hdmi source on the tv and the order of the connections should be proper as well, when you are done with the same then you will have to select the dual monitor setup in Display Settings, anyways I will suggest you to better use a dual DVI ports or a Displayport as the above cards are made for supporting . just check which possible solution will be better for you.