Thread: What video improvements will I get by using multiple 1 GB video card?

What video improvements will I get by using multiple 1 GB video card?

One of my friend has built a super computer and has two 1 GB video card in his system. Does doing that improve video quality more? I just wanted to know that does doing that will make your game run faster or with higher definition? I have single 1 GB graphic card in my system.

Re: What video improvements will I get by using multiple 1 GB video card?

Well which type of graphic card is he using in his system? It doesn’t depend on the amount of RAM you have unless you are playing very intense game. In most of the cases your graphic card should satisfy the hardware requirements of the game. You should have better graphic card with support for the latest drivers and you will not need more size for running the game. If you have the proper graphic card then it will allow you all the needed game details from the game and it will also run smoothly.

He was using the ATI radeon 6970 graphic card and playing those games on very high resolution. He has the 55” HDTV for playing those games. Whereas I have 1 GB 4670 AGP card . I also Have the VGA, HDMI and DVI port. I think I will also be able to connect with HD monitor.

No your friend will not get any benefit in performance by using two video cards. You will need one 5770 or 6770 for playing the game at highest resolution. You friend must be having 1920 x 1080 as his TV resolution. Which can also be achieved with single HD 6970 graphic card. I will say that your friend has wasted his money after this experiment. It would have been great if he was using this set up to play games across multiple monitors but since that is not the case here, I will say it is waste of money and waste of power supply, as he will also have to have bigger power supply for supplying power to two graphic cards.