Thread: Looking for GPU for Intel Core i7 LGA1155 system with maximum display port

Looking for GPU for Intel Core i7 LGA1155 system with maximum display port

Hi I am finding graphic cards for new systems in our office. They all are intel i7 LGA1155 with windows 7 64 bit system. We have 1080p HD LCD displays and need graphic cards for them. I am looking for 256 MB or 512 MB PCI cards. I will consider between Nvidia and ATI radeon cards. What will you suggest?

Re: Looking for GPU for Intel Core i7 LGA1155 system with maximum display port

Why do you want PCI card rather than PCIe ? Don’t you know that PCI cards are old now and all the people use PCIe cards now! According to your system configuration anyone will tell you that using PCI will be biggest downgrade to your system. You must behaving the socket 1155 motherboard and it may not be having PCI slot. The system you are using has Intel Sandy Bridge processor and it must be having very good quality of integrated GPU. You will just need enough memory on your system and then your system should work properly. 1155 motherboard don’t have GPU output so you will have to use dedicated cards.

If you are using these sytem for office use only then integrated GPU will be enough for you. Intel HD 3000 is good for the basic purposes like office use. But I am still not getting the idea behind using PCI cards over PCIe cards! First of all I don’t think they will fit on your system and even your system has got PCI slot then using it will result in bad performance and you will not be able to utilize the whole capabilities of your system.

As I mentioned above that we have Intel LGA1155 motherboards with i7 CPU, they have only one PCIe x16 slots, and some of the motherboards have over 3 PCI slots. So we want a graphic card that can run 3 display with 512 MB or 1 GB only then we will be able to use PCIe x16 single card or we will have to buy two PCI graphic cards for running 3 displays. Do you guys know any graphic cards that will come handy for me?

I don’t think you will be able to run 3 displays with graphic card. You can only run 3 displays with ATI cards but only if one of them is DisplayPort. If you use Nvidia graphic card then you will be able to use only two monitors. Talking of 3 monitors , why do you want three monitors? Two 1920x1080 monitors will also work for same. You will not get any good PCI cards as they are pretty much old now , I would recommend you to use 1 PCIe card as a main and another PCI card as secondary card.

Of course we need to run 3 monitors for business purpose only! Having 3 monitors help us in many situations like we can use them as a big screen in meetings. I have found the Sapphire FleX 100322FLEX HD6540 with 1 GB and PCIe x16. It also gives output ports of 1 HDMI and 2 DVI. This card needs two side by side slots that is the only concern about it. Is there any card like this ?

I think that Sapphire FleX 100322FLEX also supports 2 monitors. If it does support 3 monitors then it must be having DisplayPort and support for eyefinity. If not then using card will also not help you having 3 monitors. i have seen images of it and it only shows single slot in it. May be this is the reason they have included HDMI and DVI adapter for two DVI monitors .

If you are not concerned about spending money then I will recommend you to buy Asus 6670. This card support 3 monitor displays but you will need total two slots. This card also need good power supply. Another option that can be useful to you is XFX ATI Radeon HD5770 1 GB DDR5. This card is costly and will support up to 5 monitor displays. This one will also need good power supply.

To run more than 2 displays you will need multiple graphic cards which will create even more complications in your problem or you will have to go with AMD DisplayPort. DisplayPort is also available in most of the regions and it is also inexpensive than other cards mentioned here. They are also user friendly so using them will not be difficult for you. If you don’t want Displayport then you will have to go with two video cards or find some expensive graphic card.