Thread: No video output from motherboard or graphics card

No video output from motherboard or graphics card

Hello friends, i am was getting the problem with Radeon 4890 card, there were four lights out of which one was not working. I have changed and brought a new Geforce 9800GT which was working for sometime then after some tine it stopped. I have replace almost everything beside the processor, but them also nothing has worked for me. I am having the G31M3-F mATX motherboard, so does anyone has the solution to solve the problem. Please tell me, thank you.

Re: No video output from motherboard or graphics card

I would say that randomly replacing computer parts is not the perfect method to do troubleshoot. I think that there might be something wrong with the power supplies, you better check that.

I was earlier having the Ultra Raptor 500 and i have replace it with Ultra LSP 550. The only thing which is remaining is test equipment, i will be purchasing the power supply checker for the problem which might be happen in future. I have talk to the technical support of Ultra and they have advised me that it will be good for me to have one.

If you are going for the power supply tester then i would say that it waste of money. If you wanted to check the voltages then you can do that with multimeter and same thing can be used for other thing also, like checking battery voltage, wall sockets, wall worts, etc. Beside that i would say that you check the amperage, which is very much important. I have not seen any recommend for Ultra PSU, i have also purchased it earlier, not having now. Whereas you have replaced everything such that video card, motherboard, power supply, with the replacement nothing has fixed the problem, then you should do the troubleshooting rather than guessing. I would say that you test your monitor. Even you have noticed any signs of damaged when you were swapping CPU on to board. You might have not remove the old thermal material which were there on CPU and heatsink.

I have also checked it with another monitor, then also i was not getting no video coming on it. Also cleaned the CPU and heat sink and applied a new paste. I am already having the mutimeters. I have use to work on older computer, but did not got such kind of the problem. Whenever such problem occurs then it is due to motherboard or power supply and even sometimes due to graphics card. I have not find any problem with CPU. Should i have to put only one line of paste, whereas i always put thin layer over the whole cpu, which has worked for me for Pentium Pro.

I wanted to know that you get to hear beep sound, if you are having case speaker hooked up at the correct place on your motherboard then you should be able to hear one beep, or sometimes two beeps which indicates that the bios has passed the POST. If you are not able to hear any beep then it might be the chance that the RAM is not been working on your motherboard. The reason for this can be that RAM might be damaged, you remove the AC power to the power supply and also remove all the ram modules, then you restore the AC power, when you will be doing this then you will be getting no video, but you will get a beep pattern that indicates no ram installed or a ram problem. So you should try it.

I would suggest that you check the system requirement of you graphics cards, just go to following link and check it, it is been recommended that you should use 500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors, even you can go with 600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX technology in dual mode, you check the Certified of Power Supplies, you can get it.

ATI Radeon HD 4890 Graphics System Requirements

AMD Certified Power Supplies

The only thing i have founded strange about the graphics card out of the system that no video is been coming off from motherboard. I do not noticed start up, at present having another motherboard I put in and the one thing that came with system. I have also check the changed memory. Whereas its working switched back to original motherboard and which it is working for me. Where as the power supply was the whole problem. Now i will be inserting new Geforce GTX 550 Ti, it is only card which is having power plug on the end which is 2G of DDR5 ram.