Thread: Facing hard lockups and continuous power off with GTX 560 SC

Facing hard lockups and continuous power off with GTX 560 SC

Hello friends, Asus have told me that Corsair 650TX v2 650 watt is not enough for power and it was the reason for stability problem. I replace it with XFX PRO750 modular, then also was getting random lockups, asus have told that RAM was not on the QVL list and due to which i am getting the problem. When ran Memtest86 for some time, then was not getting the problem and also ran Prime95 for a few hours, even the OCscanner stress test for 45 minutes then also there was no problem. While playing gaming, it random locks up due to some DirectX 9 or 10. It happen in 5 minutes or it happen in 2-3 hours, and sometimes it fully shutdown. I do not think that BSOD is the problem here? Below are specification i am using and please tell what is the problem? Thank you

System configuration:

• Phenom II X4 965 BE processor
    • Asus M5A88V-EVO motherboard
    • EVGA GTX560 SC 1GB video card
    • Gskill 1333MHZ F3-10666CL8-2GBHK 2x2
    • XFX PRO750 modular power supply
    • Samsung HD103SJ 1TB HDD
    • LG DVD writer GH24NS70

Re: Facing hard lockups and continuous power off with GTX 560 SC

I wanted to know that you have done anything overclocked? Whereas i believe that first power was been enough for you. If you are getting problem with game with the DirectX 9 or 10 then you better download the latest file from Microsoft, even you can go to below link and get it.

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

Quote Originally Posted by AnbuP View Post
    I wanted to know that you have done anything overclocked? Whereas i believe that first power was been enough for you. If you are getting problem with game with the DirectX 9 or 10 then you better download the latest file from Microsoft, even you can go to below link and get it.

I also agree that 650W PSU was very much sufficient for me. I wanted to know that you are having any fan profile set up for the Graphics card, as i believe that card is been becoming hot.

Quote Originally Posted by AnbuP View Post

I have purchased everything so that i can run that it with stock settings. I was not aware with the consciously setting anything which is there in bios which would overclocked anything. I have also re run the DirectX web setup amd it has told me that there is no update available for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieT View Post
    I also agree that 650W PSU was very much sufficient for me. I wanted to know that you are having any fan profile set up for the Graphics card, as i believe that card is been becoming hot.
    I got the problem when i was running the OC Scanner stress test for 45 minutes which was working without any problem or crashing. During the test, in 4 minutes GPU reaches 94% load, 78c with 56% fan speed. This what i have noticed first.

I think that it can be of video card or gpu voltage problem which is causing the video card to hard lock the system? And someone has mention about TDR, but i have not seen it. It also occur in a relatively quick manner, os should i wait for mintues for it to recover.

Did you have noticed that when does the TDR hits or not, such that did notice when the screen goes black and when it comes back on, when it is happening then you can little Nvidia error at the right side bottom. I would say that you should try the method which is been given in following link.

Graphics card issue

I have already gone through the method which you have told me, and also have installed the current drivers for the card, and will be installing it, need to find method for installing it.

I would suggest that you check the video card on another computer or even you can access to a friend computer for checking it. if the card is been working in those computer then there might be some sort of the problem in yours. I wanted to know which operating system you are using it? I do not think that the lockups might might be related with the graphics card., even did you ry to setup the memory settings manually in the BIOS, if you have not tried then you should do it. Which mode you have install your operating system, such that in AHCI model or IDE?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkfoot View Post
    I would suggest that you check the video card on another computer or even you can access to a friend computer for checking it. if the card is been working in those computer then there might be some sort of the problem in yours. I wanted to know which operating system you are using it? I do not think that the lockups might might be related with the graphics card., even did you ry to setup the memory settings manually in the BIOS, if you have not tried then you should do it. Which mode you have install your operating system, such that in AHCI model or IDE?
    I am not able to access any other system at present as extended troubleshooting with other parts, i have installed the Windows 7 Home Premium operating system. I have not changed in BIOS where memory timing are been already set as per the ram manufacturers directions, so did not anything in that. I have installed operating system in enabled AHCI mode originally, done that when was getting stability issues and also upgrade it after installing it. but nothing help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonds| View Post
    I am not able to access any other system at present as extended troubleshooting with other parts, i have installed the Windows 7 Home Premium operating system. I have not changed in BIOS where memory timing are been already set as per the ram manufacturers directions, so did not anything in that. I have installed operating system in enabled AHCI mode originally, done that when was getting stability issues and also upgrade it after installing it. but nothing help me.
    Then i would suggest that you shouldtry to do windows repair option, for that you have to booting into windows. Most of the time the problem is due to some of corrupt windows files, which will be fixed by windoes repair option.