Thread: Configuration of GTX 550 Ti-EVGA superclocked

Configuration of GTX 550 Ti-EVGA superclocked

Hello friends, i am having the question related to GTX 550 Ti-EVGA superclocked, when i using the evga evtune then it tells me VGPU 1.100 voltage, and the Overclocking scanner is running stress test for half and hour at 1600x1900 resolution and receive a 81 c temp with 57% fan speed. Processor clock is been at 1962 and memory clock is at 2257. I do not that what i am getting are worth for this card, so does this optimal settings are worth for the card? Even wanted to know that should i tweak or not? I am bit confuse with it, can you people help me with this. Thank you.

Re: Configuration of GTX 550 Ti-EVGA superclocked

I would say that inspite of increasing the fan speed, if it is not loud enough, you should try it with some game, such that it should used it 100 % play such game. I do not think that there is a need of the optimal setting and it also it been suggested by the company. You should do some setting for different need. I would suggest that you should go with some higher setting with the card, which will be work for you.

I am using the EVGA 550Ti FPB and has set the fan speed 70%, it is been set for all games and it keep the temperature down more what it is been set at automatically. If you set the fan at 70% then you will be able to 2000 Processor clock. Where i am getting 1902 stock along with the Free Performance Boost overclock and due to which i can set it to 2000 and even it has clear the OC scanner without any issue. To test it i have all the games which i used to play and was not getting no problem. If i set it to maximum then it can run at stable with stock voltage as 2044, which is perfect with me. Where i believe that these cads can reach till 2000 easily and also Nvidia have told that they have made such cards that it can reach to 2000. You should remember that these are shader clocks in that 550Ti skin for EVGA precision which use shader clock speed which will be the double the number of core clock speed. I think that the Core clock speed for your card is 981 and Shader clock speed is 1962. I never used the 550 skin only used the regular skin which it displays core, shader and memory clocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anvita View Post
    I am using the EVGA 550Ti FPB and has set the fan speed 70%, it is been set for all games and it keep the temperature down more what it is been set at automatically. If you set the fan at 70% then you will be able to 2000 Processor clock. Where i am getting 1902 stock along with the Free Performance Boost overclock and due to which i can set it to 2000 and even it has clear the OC scanner without any issue. To test it i have all the games which i used to play and was not getting no problem. If i set it to maximum then it can run at stable with stock voltage as 2044, which is perfect with me. Where i believe that these cads can reach till 2000 easily and also Nvidia have told that they have made such cards that it can reach to 2000. You should remember that these are shader clocks in that 550Ti skin for EVGA precision which use shader clock speed which will be the double the number of core clock speed. I think that the Core clock speed for your card is 981 and Shader clock speed is 1962. I never used the 550 skin only used the regular skin which it displays core, shader and memory clocks.
    I have came to tweaking because of Battlefield 3 game, were i am experiencing strange system failure. The video of the game is been stuck and audio stutters when there is a car engine and have to manually restart my PC. When i have purchased the card then there was no problem with it, but it has crash twice, it has not crash during the game mode it has happen at normal windows mode. I was getting "video card has recovered from unknown error" as error message. I was able to play BF3 with ultra setting and getting no problem with it. I think that temperature of the card which is giving the problem of vidoe stuck or it might be operating system also. Do not know what it is. I am running Windows7 ultimate 64 bit with Intel Core Tm2 Quad Cpu Q8400 2.66Ghz, MSI 1GLAN DDR3 P43-C51 and 8GB RAM. I have also tried with core clock to 1000, but automatically the shader hit the 2000, and also run the oc scanner. I agree that 70% fan tunning keep it card cooler.

I would also suggest that you should keep the fan in the range of 70 - 75 %, you do it specially when you are trying to play games on it and you will be getting no problem with it.

Yes i have set it to 70% fan speed while playing games, first set it and then go to play the game. When doing this setting then game does not crash. Playing a higher game like Battlefield 3, it does not crash it then it will not crash any other game and everything is running smooth. But sometime it reaches at high temperature but not crashing it.

I having the same card, but getting a problem with it, such that when i am playing the BF3 then i used to blue screen, i feels that this is a common bug for playing it, does anyone has solution for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabhoj View Post
    I having the same card, but getting a problem with it, such that when i am playing the BF3 then i used to blue screen, i feels that this is a common bug for playing it, does anyone has solution for it.
    Yes there been problem and also many people are getting it where some random stuff going on in battlefield 3. I think you might have raise the clocks waht it was at stock, then i would suggest that turn that down to stock again or you can set a bit lower then you try playing battlefield 3, check it is working without BSOD, i am playing it with battlefield 3 for my card. Even you can try setting the fan at 100% which will be loud and if you do that then you might not get probelm if your room is really hot or your case is not vented/cooled correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabhoj View Post
    Yes there been problem and also many people are getting it where some random stuff going on in battlefield 3. I think you might have raise the clocks waht it was at stock, then i would suggest that turn that down to stock again or you can set a bit lower then you try playing battlefield 3, check it is working without BSOD, i am playing it with battlefield 3 for my card. Even you can try setting the fan at 100% which will be loud and if you do that then you might not get probelm if your room is really hot or your case is not vented/cooled correctly.