Thread: Sparkles on Right side of Samsung monitor

Sparkles on Right side of Samsung monitor

My computer has Samsung Monitor and ATI Radeon 5450 graphics card. The problem is whenever I play game, I notice sparkles on the right-hand side. The Samsung BX233 monitor is connected via DVI cable. Sometimes when the system is idle, and then also monitors making sparkles.

Re: Sparkles on Right side of Samsung monitor

What color Sparkles you are seeing? White or Black? If your monitor is HD, then it should be a compatibility issue HDMI or DVI cable. Incompatible form of connection can cause this issue and also bad equipment interaction, cabling also reason the same. Sparkles are nothing but the complete signal failure. Troubleshooting process is required to correct this problem and before that you need to identify the reasons for sparkles.

I am thinking about RMA that. If you think that it is a hardware issue (major or minor) then I would say RMA it. Samsung must have reason for this issue. One thing to say that never use any cheap DVI cables. Use a branded on From Samsung or from any other major manufacturers to get better video signals.

I have been using the samsung 4095 monitor and problem was happening only when the monitor is set to 1080p not 1080i or 720p. After several hours of search in Samsung official forum I have seen that you can adjust the HDMI delay. So I decreased it to 70 from 75 and it corrected the issue. I don’t know whether it will be a fix for all Samsung monitors or not but you can give it a try.

Sparkling issue is clearly related to the poor digital video transmission over HDMI/DVI. In your case you have said that monitor is connected via DVI cable. Why don’t you try connecting HDMI? May be it can resolve your issue.