Thread: Overheating in EVGA GTX 590 Classified

Overheating in EVGA GTX 590 Classified

Actually I recently bought EVGA GTX 590 graphics card. As when going through the reviews in which it was mention that this card is much cooler than other GPU. So seeing the review and asking about this from some of the friends I bought this card. But as using the card for playing the games like BF3, skyrim, and modern warfare I have seen that the temperature in it goes high around 90 deg C. as I’m using two GPU in which GPU 1 I’m receiving 40 – 45 deg C and on GPU 2 I am getting 40 – 45 deg C. but when playing the games combining both the GPU only that time I receive 90 deg C. so want to know is this because of combining two GPU’s I am getting 90 deg C or for this is there any other reason.

As the specs for my system are as follows:

• CPU : intel i7 (3.7 ghz)
    • GPU : EVGA GTX 590
    • RAM : 8 GB of memory
    • HDD – 1 TB

Re: Overheating in EVGA GTX 590 Classified

For this I want to know what is the fan speed of your system, as what I feel that if the fan speed is not giving 90% to 100% then it might be possible that due to this it might be getting overheated.

For this I want to know what is the fan speed of your system, as what I feel that if the fan speed is not giving 90% to 100% then it might be possible that due to this it might be getting overheated.
    I have checked the fan speed and is generating 100%. So want to know as the fan is working fine then what may be the reason GPU getting overheated and is the 90 deg C normal when combining with 2 GPU.

According to me what I feel is that GPU idle temperature should be around 35- 40 deg C. but if you are playing the game like battlefield 3, modern warfare or any high end graphics game the temp of GPU should not exceed more than 85 deg C and if it reaches then I think this should be acted seriously and look up to the matter.

As going through this issue what I feel is that your system cases do not have the enough air flow circulation and due to this the GPU heats more as there is no enough air ventilation.

So according to me what I feel is that the case you are using is insufficient to provide proper air circulation and due to this the temperature goes to 90 deg C. so for this I would suggest you to go for the case which have better air ventilation to keep the temperature low.

rickysmith2050 Guest

Overheating in EVGA GTX 590 Classified

Hi this one is great and is really a good post. I think it will help me a lot in the related stuff and is very much useful for me. Very well written I appreciate & must say good job..