Thread: Monitor does not wake up from sleep mode, showing no signal

Monitor does not wake up from sleep mode, showing no signal

There is a strange problem with my monitor and that is when the monitor goes to the sleep mode, it won’t wake up then. I mean it won’t come back to the normal position no matter what I do. At that time it is only showing me No signal. At first I have thought that it could be the issue of Monitor only but not. Then I assumed that GPU would be faulty. No everything is working along with VGA and HDMI. The problem is only that No signal. I don’t know what else to target now. My system specs are as follows:
    • Acer AT3265 Black 32" 6.5ms HDMI LCD Monitor
    • ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 motherboard
    • CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W
    • G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3
    • AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
    • Radeon HD 6950 1GB

Re: Monitor does not wake up from sleep mode, showing no signal

Try the monitor to the laptop.

We need to try to find out what is wrong, and we do other things to try to exclude. If the monitor connected to the laptop using the appropriate cable and connections are good then you will get it work properly.

The point now is to find out why the monitor gets no signal.
    It may be that the computer has no signal (more) issues, or that the monitor cannot receive. So the problem may be a broken wire (or not properly connected, you've already checked, please use as much as possible the nuts on the cable to make the right connection to the monitor and the computer!). Or a broken input of the monitor, or a broken output of the computer, a broken video card, a video card that is not broken, but no longer responds to the internal signals of the computer, and so on.

If the monitor into standby mode on, it is probably getting no signal from the graphics card. Could be that the "relocation" of the computer graphics card is slipped out of the slot? So screw 'times the computer and see if all the connectors and plug-in cards are properly seated in their slots. Also check the main memory. If the computer beeps Thus, one could isolate the error.

The video card, provided is not integrated on the motherboard, may move when connecting the plug.

It should open the PC and press hard on the map and especially at the opposite end to the bar that holds. This is only a hypothesis to be tested of course.

Then if a new PC, attention, do you have the right to open it without voiding the warranty.

Otherwise go back to the seller.

Unfortunately, the function to switch the input channel is hidden deep in the menu in which you did not come clean, if the monitor is the standby mode is selected. Also for me to switch between VGA and DVI does not have, even in normal mode (both cable connected) does not work. Although the device is apparently not defective, such behavior represents for me but still somehow constitutes a material defect...

If you want to exclude as a cable or monitor problem, just a test to help on a different computer. The driver can possibly even connect to a TV. If not then it is on cable and monitor the Windows once I'd play again and again to go up at all sure that it is up to the GPU even though unfortunately there is evidence. It already had two cases where GPUs beginning again with vanishing errors have been adopted slowly.

Some monitors may have multiple inputs (VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc, sometimes more than one per species) and if you have selected the wrong input (with the buttons was) you also get these symptoms.

Though I believe that most monitors are automatically adjusted when only one of the input signals is found.