Thread: Not able to mirror iPad 2 via Apple TV or setup HomeSharing on Apple TV

Not able to mirror iPad 2 via Apple TV or setup HomeSharing on Apple TV

I have recently bought Apple TV and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to mirror my iPad 2 via Apple TV or you can also say that I am not able to or set up HomeSharing on Apple TV, in my case I have set AirPlay on the Apple TV but then I don’t know why I am not getting the Mirroring icon, I have also set up HomeSharing on iTunes and I am using a MacBook Pro but then again I nothing is appearing under the MacBook on the apple tv, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well??

Re: Not able to mirror iPad 2 via Apple TV or setup HomeSharing on Apple TV

I have recently bought Apple TV and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to mirror my iPad 2 via Apple TV or you can also say that I am not able to or set up HomeSharing on Apple TV, in my case I have set AirPlay on the Apple TV but then I don’t know why I am not getting the Mirroring icon, I have also set up HomeSharing on iTunes and I am using a MacBook Pro but then again I nothing is appearing under the MacBook on the apple tv, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just want to know the following:
    • Current version of the itunes that you are using?
    • Are you having the software for Apple TV up to date??

Just answer me the above questions for further help.

I will reply you in the same way:
    • I am using latest version of iTunes that is 10.5.2
    • I have also updated the software for the Apple TV as well and it is (4.4.4 (3330)).

Is there any workaround that I can try out to fix this issue??

I am having the same problem with the iPad 2 and AppleTV connection I really don’t know what is the issue with the iPad 2 because I am not facing the same problem with the iPhone 4s and everything is working fine with it without any such problem, I think that this problem is only with the ipad user so I think that this is a clear cut fault of the ipad but then there should be a solution to fix the same, I have been looking after a solution to get it work somehow but then I did not have any luck yet, if anyone finds a solution for the same then please share it here, it will be highly appreciated.

I am not very sure about this but then I was just wandering for a solution to get the ipad work with the apple tv and I have found one mentioning that there are possibilities that the providers can block the mirroring feature, if you want then you can just got through the below thread:
    Is it possible to stream what I see on the iPad to the Apple TV

I am having a different case but then I am still having problem with the ipad and the apple tv, I mean that I made the setup and even I was not getting the "mirroring" option but then after I restored the iPad2 and the AppleTV and after that I was able to get the "mirroring" option. Now the problem that I am facing here is that it is lagging terribly and it was just there on the screen for a couple of minutes and after that connection was gone, I am really running out of ideas now and I don’t know what to do, you all can try to restore the iPad2 and the AppleTV and see what difference it is making in your case and if anyone gets it work then please let me know as well.

I was facing the same problem but then I had contacted the apple support and they said that they are aware of this issue and they suggested me a solution and it has solved the problem, if you want then you all can try out the same:
    • First unplug the power supply of the AppleTV
    • And then switch off the ipad as well after that just plug back the apple tv to power and then turn it on
    • After that turn on the iPad and then you will not have any problem

Just make sure that you are turning on the AppleTV first, try it out and then let me know if it is solving your problem as well.