Thread: Question regarding streaming from Airport hard drive on Apple TV

Question regarding streaming from Airport hard drive on Apple TV

I am willing to buy an apple tv and I have some question regarding streaming from Airport hard drive on Apple TV, in my case I have moved some dvd collections in the hard drive which is connected to the Airport Extreme and I have done so to give access to everyone in the house wirelessly, so here I am thinking on getting an Apple TV in order to play movies that is on the Airport hard drive and here I will be streaming the movie from the hard drive to my MacBook iTunes and after that I will be streaming it to the apple tv again, now the question is that will this double streaming be causing any problem?? I am willing to get the apple tv for this purpose so I don’t want to take any chance. Is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: Question regarding streaming from Airport hard drive on Apple TV

I am willing to buy an apple tv and I have some question regarding streaming from Airport hard drive on Apple TV, in my case I have moved some dvd collections in the hard drive which is connected to the Airport Extreme and I have done so to give access to everyone in the house wirelessly, so here I am thinking on getting an Apple TV in order to play movies that is on the Airport hard drive and here I will be streaming the movie from the hard drive to my MacBook iTunes and after that I will be streaming it to the apple tv again, now the question is that will this double streaming be causing any problem?? I am willing to get the apple tv for this purpose so I don’t want to take any chance. Is there anyone who can help me out??
    I have found a no of people using the same setup that you are willing to do and they have been doing well with it but then I think that this depends on the network speed that you might be having, I don’t think that there is anything else that you will have to worry about because I have hardly found people facing problem with this kind if set up but then they were having 20mb download speed as well, so just make sure that even you have the same and then you can try out the apple tv without any doubt. Hope that helps.

I think that you have cleared my doubt to some extent but then I also wanted to know that is it possible to play the movies that are stored in the itunes library and the same is stored on the hard drive which is attached to the Airport Extreme and then play it back via computer to the Apple TV?? Are you aware of this or is there anyone who has tried out the same and has an idea about it??

I think that I can help you out here, I mean that I have moved library to a NAS and I am really not having any kind of problem but then I just want to share that there is a bit delay when I play the next movie and so but then in my case I am having my setup hardwired to the network so I don’t have an idea about the wireless network, I mean that the streaming hd content might vary but then I am not that sure about the same.

Hey I was thinking of the same before but then now I don’t have any doubt, I mean that it has been just a week and I am having the same setup that you are willing to have and trust me I am not having any such problem with the same, I has visited the apple store last week and they have given me a 14-day full return as well but then I don’t think that I will have to go for that because everything is working fine, I am having a large photo library you I can say more than 15,000 pics so because of this I face some sec of delay when selecting the next pic and so but then I am not having any problem with the video streaming and all, I will suggest you to go for it without any doubt. Best of luck.