Thread: Which resolution will be best for 32” LG 720p HDTV.

Which resolution will be best for 32” LG 720p HDTV.

I am having a 32” LG 720p HDTV and I am not sure but then my brother has changed the resolution of the xbox 360 to 1080p and previously I thought that I am not allowed to use the same, I have also found that when I am selecting the optimal resolution then it is picking up the 1360x768, I have checked out both resolution and I am not able to make out difference between the same, so I just wanted to know form you all that which will be the best resolution for 32 in LG 720p HDTV from 1080p, 720p, and 1360x768.

Re: Which resolution will be best for 32” LG 720p HDTV.

I am having a 32” LG 720p HDTV and I am not sure but then my brother has changed the resolution of the xbox 360 to 1080p and previously I thought that I am not allowed to use the same, I have also found that when I am selecting the optimal resolution then it is picking up the 1360x768, I have checked out both resolution and I am not able to make out difference between the same, so I just wanted to know form you all that which will be the best resolution for 32 in LG 720p HDTV from 1080p, 720p, and 1360x768.
    I think that the 1080p will be the best and it is even better as compared to the 1360x768 so if you want then you can use the same,I have been using the same for my xbox 360 and I have never faced any graphic issue by now, just check it out and then let me know if you feel the same.

I am not very sure about the 1080p because I have found that 1080p is much darker as compared to the other resolution, I mean that it appears dark near the edges of the xbox guide menu font, I have tried to use the standard, intermediate as well as the expanded for the 1080p but then it is not making much difference, I don’t think that you might have seen the same or you have changed so other setting to get the best of it?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

No I have not made changes and even I had noticed the dark thing that you are talking about but then they same was not too dark for me and so and I had just changed the HMDI Reference Levels to the Intermediate by going in to the Settings and nothing else and I am getting the desired look that I wanted to have. I think that you might be expecting more from it or that your LG TV is 720p might be having hard time doing 1080p I don’t know how come 1080p is not giving you better effect. I just wanted to add that setting the HDMI reference to Expanded will surely make it appear darker and even I have faced the same previously but then after setting it to the lowest setting it works well and it gives you a better brightness and contrast as well.

I don’t know about others but then I personally think that native resolution is the best and I am saying this because in my case I have to use a VGA cable as the tv that I am having is 16:10 aspect ratio.I had went through the manufacturer detail and it says that my TV is having 720p but then I have found that the true resolution that I am getting is 1440x900 and I really get the best quality picture out of it, So if you want you can also try out the native resolution as find out the difference yourself, I have been using the same from a long time and I have not yet switched to some other resolution as I never found a need for the same.

I don’t know about others but then I personally think that native resolution is the best and I am saying this because in my case I have to use a VGA cable as the tv that I am having is 16:10 aspect ratio.I had went through the manufacturer detail and it says that my TV is having 720p but then I have found that the true resolution that I am getting is 1440x900 and I really get the best quality picture out of it, So if you want you can also try out the native resolution as find out the difference yourself, I have been using the same from a long time and I have not yet switched to some other resolution as I never found a need for the same.
    I completely agree to the above post that the native resolution is the best and as far as your 32” LG 720p HDTV is concerned I have found that the 1360x768 and 1080p will not provide you a better effect and I think that if you will use them then it will make it worse. I think that the HDMI reference level that you are having needs to be solved to Standard but then if you are still finding it dark then just try out calibrating your TV's brightness and try to set the same with calibration DVD/video if possible, just try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference in your case.