Thread: N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC making loud noise and Coil Whine

N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC making loud noise and Coil Whine

Hi guys

It’s has been some time I have bought this card and it was working perfectly fine but recently it’s showing me this problem. Its making some humming and whirring noises . I don’t know if I am right but I think that this problem started when I bought battlefield 3 and I installed the Nvidia drivers with it I dint remove the old driver just installed the new Nvidia drivers on the old one . now I am getting this loud noise and Coil Whine sound on it , can anyone here tell me what s going on whether my graphic card gone bad or its just a driver issue . please guys I need help on this I would be really glad

Thanks

Re: N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC making loud noise and Coil Whine

So I noticed nowadays that whenever the GPU is place beneath any form of load it makes a buzzing noise, it's quite high pitched. it's most noticeable after I run a stress take a look at however you'll additionally hear it enjoying games like GTA IV. It's definitely the gpu and not anything else like the PSU. the graphic card is simply over per week, i have never played several games on it and that i haven't overclocked it in the least. i attempted to record it however you cannot hear it. i assume it's bearable however i am scared the graphic card is faulty and it'll collapse. is that this a typical issue or should I return the card? and can it get worse? the graphic card is N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC

I have a similar issue with my 560ti when on full load. it's one thing to try to to with the capacitators i think, not sure. It's scary indeed. It hasn't got worst with mine, do not know if it's harmful, and hope not.

can you take a check the graphic card into another pc to examine if the problem are often same there too? Then you should contact the MSI client support and see if they have any suggestions.

Yeah I assemble a new computer and everytime I go into Star craft 2 and start playing a game the video card starts creating a loud electronic buzzing noise that varies with pitch whenever one thing changes on screen. there's no downside with the video simply a the very distracting noise. i do know it is not fan noise since I even have afterburner put in and that i will take a look at the fan at totally different speeds to examine what it looks like. Even at full speed the fans do not sound even as distracting as this buzzing. I even have the most recent driver from MSI and that i have even tried a previous driver too. this type of looks like i would need to simply come the video card for one more one. I hunted for any forum posts regarding this downside however solely found one where there was no answer.

it is the PSU i'm guessing that there in all probability is not attending to be a fix unless you replace the PSU? Is there an occasion that another video card may not have a similar sound when used with the PSU? Then you may recognize what us defective video card or PSU

i do not know how to simulate the pc running a graphically intensive game while not a video card in there to permit you to run the sport. I ran a stress take a look at while not the video card within the pc using Prime95 and therefore the pc was as quiet as a mouse however i do not recognize if that actually tells me something.

you can fix coil whine however it involves open your PSU that isn't suggested and is sort of dangerous. you'll see the copper coils around ferite cores. I've scan of individuals glooping silicone sealant on simply the coil part as that stops the coil vibrating against the ferrite core. But once more there is high voltage capacitors and every one kinds in there thus unless you're terribly snug do not do it or get a replacement PSU.

Since my motherboard had a pair of PCI categorical slots I moved the graphic card to the opposite slot and punctiliously listened from totally different sides of the pc.I am positive that the coil whine is coming back from the PSU and not the video card. additionally I checked and therefore the Corsair website already had a sticky in their forums regarding their PSUs making a buzzing noise. None of their suggestions helped apart from the last one that was to come the merchandise. the simplest factor to me to try to to is come the PSU for a replacement one and hopefully that may solve my issues. If worse involves worse I will continually come the graphic card for a replacement yet

Ok so, i used to be considering obtaining a replacement GPU. Already created a thread asking that one, Hawk came out because the most suitable option on behalf of me .More specifically, a MSI N560GTX-TI Hawk. however once reading here I mean , will that factor very create this quantity of sound? Or can it's lots less after I place it in my case Anyone got expertise with this card or one like it? I really desire a higher Graphics Card, however i do not desire a freaking' fighter jet beneath my rig!

I'm employing a Direct Cu II cooler. It reaches regarding pure gold fanspeed when i am gaming on the auto-preset. Yeah It's loud on 100 percent. however if it never reaches on top of half-hour, why would I care regarding what proportion noise it makes at those levels? On the opposite hand, I even have a sound-dampening case.