Thread: MSI ATI Radeon 5770 Hawk started overheating

MSI ATI Radeon 5770 Hawk started overheating

Hi friends in my computer I have MSI ATI Radeon 5770 Hawk graphic card and it has suddenly started overheating. This problem has started suddenly. i have tried to search the solution on the internet but I didn’t find proper solution. If anyone have any idea regarding this then let me know.

Re: MSI ATI Radeon 5770 Hawk started overheating

you should remove your MSI ATI Radeon 5770 Hawk graphic card from your computer and after removing graphic card from your PC you have to clean it properly and make sure that there is no dust. After doing that you have to connect your graphic card with your computer and then you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not.

I was also having the same problem with my graphic card and after that I have come to know that this problem was occurred because of the thermal contact between my GPU and heat sink was not proper. After that I have applied new thermal paste and then my problem gets solved.

I think you should also try this solution and then check what the result is.

If you are facing the same problem after even after applying new thermal paste then i think there might be something wrong with your MSI ATI Radeon 5770 Hawk graphic card clock setting. Have you over clocked your MSI ATI Radeon 5770 Hawk graphic card? If you have overclocked your graphic card then I will suggest you to use your graphic card with stock setting and after doing that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved if you need any more information regarding this then let me know.

I am using my graphic card with stock setting and after referring your solution I have applied thermal paste and after applying that also I get same problem. IS there anything wrong with my MSI ATI Radeon 5770 Hawk graphic card? Please help me to solve this problem.

You have mentioned that in your reply that aft5er trying above solution also you are facing same problem with your graphic card and that is why I would like to tell you that you should contact MSI support and then you have to tell them problem which you are facing with your graphic card and then they will give you proper solution and your problem will get solved after that.