Thread: CD-ROM Noises in Toshiba Qosmio x775 laptop

CD-ROM Noises in Toshiba Qosmio x775 laptop

I have recently bought Toshiba Qosmio x775 model laptop in the last month and from last few days I am facing the problem with its cd-rom I had never faced such a problem before ,whenever I start the laptop after a few minutes the cd-rom will start making noises, the noise is exactly same as when you insert the cd in the disc, but the cd-rom will make noise even if it’s empty ,I had not used cd-rom mostly even I had not used it to burn the disc as I am playing games by downloading and also stream movies so I doesn’t require a cd for that ,if anyone knows the cause of this problem than please reply me.

Re: CD-ROM Noises in Toshiba Qosmio x775 laptop

I am having a Toshiba qosmio x505 laptop which I was using from last 3 months and from last week I am facing the similar problem , but in addition with making noise my cd-rom will opens automatically and ask for the disk, and from last couple of days it is happening in every 15 -20 minutes, this is very frustrating for me, and I think i am using cd-rom everyday to burn a disk or to play games but don’t know the reason why this is happening, please help me.

I think the noise problem with cd-rom in your laptop is because you had not used the cd-rom since you have purchased it, so to get out of this problem you should have try to reinstall the cd-rom drive, I think reinstalling your cd-rom will help you to solve this problem.

If you have bought your laptop recently and have not upgrade it and still facing such kind of problem then either you should try to download the cd-rom drive from Toshiba satellite or if you are in under warranty then make contact with the Toshiba service center.

If your cd-rom making noise and in addition with that ask for a disk every time then I think this is mostly because when you play games for a long time from cd then it’s get overheated , I think you just try with the upgrade for your cd-rom drive.