Thread: Apple TV is not able to Stream rented HD movies properly

Apple TV is not able to Stream rented HD movies properly

I have recently bought Apple TV and the problem that I am facing with it is that when I am streaming rented HD movies then I am navigated to the screen saying "Loading...." and after some minutes it shows "Ready to play in [xxx] minutes" and here the minutes are just horrible, It showed me 240 mins and so, I am not having ay problem with the YouTube, HD Netflix movies, HD trailers and they stream well without any such problem, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: Apple TV is not able to Stream rented HD movies properly

I am having the same problem with the Apple TV and I think that this is major flaw with the Apple TV, by now I have tried out the following things:
    • I have rebooted it several times
    • I have also tried to use Airport Express directly with the Ethernet cord as well
    • I have tried to use over the wiFi
    • I have also reduced the distance between my Apple TV and the router

All of the above solution did not made any effects and I am still having the same issue.

I was thinking that I was only the one facing this problem but then now I am finding a lot of people, I am having problem with the HD and standard def movies, I think that if it about the time then I have also seen it displaying that it will take 20000 minutes to complete the streaming and load it. I have contacted the AppleStore store and they are saying that bring it up and they will check it out and if there is any problem with the tv then they will give me a replacement, I am keeping it as my last option but then I will like to know if there is anypne who has found a workaround for the same.

I am having the same case, actually the apple tv which is on the High speed DSL, the setup is very simple with the Apple Airports, I have also checked out the Apple TV signal meters to see if there is anything wrong with it and I have found that it is showing full bars, so I am sure that there is no issue with it. I have found that there is a huge delay when I am parlaying any movies, I have also made a test with the by opening the netflix on the apple TV and I had played the same movies and I was not facing any such problem with it, I am quite sure that this issue is form the apple side and not ours.

I am having the same case, actually the apple tv which is on the High speed DSL, the setup is very simple with the Apple Airports, I have also checked out the Apple TV signal meters to see if there is anything wrong with it and I have found that it is showing full bars, so I am sure that there is no issue with it. I have found that there is a huge delay when I am parlaying any movies, I have also made a test with the by opening the netflix on the apple TV and I had played the same movies and I was not facing any such problem with it, I am quite sure that this issue is form the apple side and not ours.
    Yes even I have tried out with the following and I am not having any such problem with them:
    • Netflix
    • Amazon VOD
    • Xbox Live HD

But then when I am plugging the apple tv and when I am playing rent robin hood then it is showing me 240 mins and so, I have tried to find out a solution for the same but then I have not yet found one, I really don’t know what to do??

I am not very sure if this is a actual solution but then I just wanted to share that I was getting 1.5-2.5 Mbps on my AT&T dsl and even I was facing the same problem but then now I have switched to Warner high speed Internet and I am getting 15-28 Mbps, I have found that after getting such high speed I am not facing the same issue anymore, I have checked out the HD podcasts, HD trailers and the rental as well and everything is working fine now without any problem, if you want then you all can try out the same and see if it is solving the issue for you all as well or not. Best of luck.

Ok thanks for that I will try out that as well , let’s see if it helps, anyways thanks to you all for your suggestion so far,I will be waiting for other workaround as well, so if anyone finds any solution to overcome this than please post it here.