Thread: what graphic card to use for MSI MS-7060 (v1.X) Micro ATX Mainboard

what graphic card to use for MSI MS-7060 (v1.X) Micro ATX Mainboard

hey, I have MSI MS-7060 (v1.X) Micro ATX Mainboard with 2GB RAM, 2PCI slot, 1 agp slot available. I have HDMI Samsung 62” tv. Can you suggest me any graphic card that is most compatible with my configuration. I tried Geforce8400GS 512MB DDR3 but had problem working. My computer was restarting again and again.

Re: what graphic card to use for MSI MS-7060 (v1.X) Micro ATX Mainboard

Do one thing, use the software CPU-Z. This software shows the information about your computer. You can see the bios version your computer has. Otherwise go to start menu , then go to accessories .there find the system tools. System tool has the application called system information. Here you can see the bios version you have in the pc. How much is your power supply? You should have at least 12V in order to use this card.

i have downloaded the CPU-Z in my pc.I found that I have phoenix technology bios with the sm BIOS 2.3. Am i looking at the correct location. I don’t know the exact voltage of my power supply. Where to find the voltage of power supply.

after opening the case on the back side of the power supply you will find the voltage information about your power supply. If it is less than 12V then you should change the power supply. Buy the power supply with at-least 500w. sm BIOS is not the version of your BIOS. In cpu-z go to the Mainboard tab, there after the BIOS heading you will see the BIOS information. It shows the brand , version and the date of bios.

This is what I found on my cpu-z: “03/07/2005-SiS-661FX-6A7I4M4HC-00”. So I think 03/07/2005 is the date of my BIOS and the other thing is some kind of code or ID i guess but I couldn’t figure what is my BIOS version. can i find the BIOS version by that code companying with the date?I am also deciding to buy ATI graphic card. will this card support my motherboard.

By looking at the date I can say you have the latest BIOS but still you can check for any new update for your BIOS. Also you might want to download the latest drivers for your pc as it is old one. You can buy the ATI graphic cards that will support your mother board. My current is Geforce and I like to play on it. Check if you have changed VGA option from agp to pci.

hey I have bought the graphic card for my pc. I am using the 4350 AGP 512mb card ,it is DDR3 108p HDMI card. Now my whole system is running very smooth. I think the graphic card i had previously was not compatible with my computer! i have given that card to my brother now!