Thread: System freezes randomly with MSI GTX 580 Lightning

System freezes randomly with MSI GTX 580 Lightning

I have assembled computer with Asus Rampage II Extreme, Intel i7 920 at 4.0Ghz processor and MSI GTX 580 Lightning graphic card. The problem is while running games my computer freezes. I don’t know what is wrong but this problem is frustrating for me, what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: System freezes randomly with MSI GTX 580 Lightning

I have read your problem and as you have said that you are facing this problem while playing games in your computer and that is why I would like to ask you that you should check whether have latest graphic drivers or not. If you are not using latest graphic drivers in your computer then you have to download latest graphic drivers for your MSI GTX 580 Lightning graphic card from the internet and after downloading the latest drivers you need to run driver sweeper in your computer and then you have to restart the computer. Now after that you have to install latest graphic card in your computer and after installing latest graphic card in your computer you have to cvheck whether your problem get solved or not.

If you have overclocked your MSI GTX 580 Lightning graphic card in your computer then I think that is the main reason why you are facing this problem and that is why I would like to tell you that you run the graphic card with stock setting and then check whether it makes any difference or not?

In my computer I have already installed latest graphic drivers of the MSI GTX 580 Lightning graphic card and after installing latest drivers also I was facing same problem in my computer and I am using my MSI GTX 580 Lightning graphic card with stock setting but then also same problem is occurring.

Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

I think this problem has occurred because of the faulty RAM stick and that is why I would like to tell you that you should run memtest86 in your computer and then check whether your RAM pass that test successfully or not. If RAM does not pass that test successfully then problem is with that RAM otherwise something else is causing this problem. You should first try this solution and then check what the result is.

According to me there might be something wrong with your MSI GTX 580 Lightning graphic card and I would like to tell you that you should contact MSI support and after that you have to tell them the problem which you are facing with your graphic card and then they will give you solution.