Thread: MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning flickering and glitches.

MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning flickering and glitches.

For a short while i used to be have flickering terrain components using MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning. Using either card independently resulted in no flickering however the second MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning was enabled bushes and different components of the landscape would begin flickering. I thought I had solved the problem after I switched back to the WHQL drivers rather than the foremost recent 290 beta drivers. currently when the recent patch even the previous WHQL drivers are showing flickering components everywhere. Anyone else noticing these issues?

Re: MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning flickering and glitches.

I had identical drawback that is with v-sync disabled. With v-sync enabled the black portion of the glint appears to induce reduced therefore it appears slightly higher however still glints wildly. I did notice that if I somehow modify a terrain part in how, like exploding a grenade on alittle portion, that the encircling components can stop flickering. but everything within the distance would continue. Please facilitate

My MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning and GTX 260 SLI . I've seen the matter you described, however I honestly do not know what I did to unravel it. I Did you are trying rebooting? however this issue remains unsolved

I was having that currently and i feel its , it's some type of SLI bug. Try resetting the SLI bridge or swapping it if you bought a spare. I additionally noticed this drawback in 3D Mark eleven Combined check (at the end) where the flags would be all flickering. It's been bugging me for months, that physically swapping between 2 completely different SLI bridges each few months stops it from happening.

If I were to RMA the cards seperate, they would not realize a fault.

I have tried swapping bridges however that did not appear to own any impact on behalf of me. i am extremely hoping it's simply a driver issue and not hardware connected issue. i am guessing its additional software/driver considering others appear to having precisely the same issues.

I'm running MSI GTX 580 Lightning Xtreme cards with 3gb of vram every. the foremost I've seen the sport use is simply slightly over 2gb and while not MSAA on I normally max out at around 1800mb, therefore i can not imagine its a vram issue. simply to visualize though the flickering continued with textures set to high and with my resolution lowered to 1920x1080. The strange half is what i discussed within the 1st post where it'll really stop flickering at intervals a particular distance when one thing sort of a grenade burst. therefore if i walk up and drop a grenade on a hill that has flashing bushes that hill can stop flickering however the remainder of the bushes and therefore the ones within the distance can continue.

GTX480 sli here, 1080p.I get mad flicker when no one is in game, however it dies down when the servers extra service. And it solely appears to be the foliage on the bottom in sure maps like metro rush or damavand conquest where it happens. vram usage ~1400mb (ultra textures, 2xmsaa, high fxaa)

Damn, i'm having identical issue. I hadn't tried the most recent drivers and hoped which may fix it, however i assume not. this can be extremely frustrating, as I simply got MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning and was extremely wanting forward to the performance boost in BF3. If anyone has managed to repair this issue, please allow us to know! I hope it gets addressed in a very driver update, though the actual fact that it's still happening with the most recent beta drivers does not have me too hopeful

I don't suppose this can be restricted to SLI. I actually have one GTX580 and this can be extremely unhealthy occasionally in Caspian. Alot of clipping and "seeing through" the terrain. Happens within the 290 and 285 drivers. do not extremely recognize or suppose this can be a driver issue as this was happening within the beta at the side of flying tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roustagi View Post
    GTX480 sli here, 1080p.I get mad flicker when no one is in game, however it dies down when the servers extra service. And it solely appears to be the foliage on the bottom in sure maps like metro rush or damavand conquest where it happens. vram usage ~1400mb (ultra textures, 2xmsaa, high fxaa)
    Only 1400? i ponder if sli reduces the VRAM needs. At those settings, my single 480 would max out the vram occasionally. 2xmsaa keeps it below max. 4x can max it, that is why i dont use it.