Thread: When playing the game in DX11 it crashes on MSI GeForce GTX 480 card

When playing the game in DX11 it crashes on MSI GeForce GTX 480 card

I’m geting CTD in some games with my 2X 460's in SLI. The games that are the cause are BF BC2, Medal of Honor Beta . at present here is that the problem, every of those games run on DX11. I altered the comfit files to force DX10, and also the CTD's sustained. I after that I used the technique down to DX9, and that it ! No crashes the most bit for either game in extensive of game play. This can be obviously a driver or a software problem, right ? It did not matter if my cards were at stock clocks, overclocked, auto fan or 100 percent fan games can continuously crash in DX11 mode. Also, when it crashes my audio continuously starts stuttering when it gets to my desktop, I in fact have to rearrange my sound card in device way to urge it to prevent. I don’t understand if that's a touch at what the difficulty will be. What will the difficulty be?

Re: When playing the game in DX11 it crashes on MSI GeForce GTX 480 card

Even I actually have constant downside I actually have waited patiently for Nvidia drivers to assist fix this DX11 downside, however a google search reveals that no-one else appears to be having this issue, or that it's not widespread. i'm starting to suppose it's simply my system.I really don't desire to try and do a full reinstall of Win seven to check if that fixes the difficulty, and that i ought to imply that the previously mentioned games ran flawlessly on the 2X 5870's that I had some months ago....in DX11 mode. this can be clearly an Nvidia/ GTX 460 issue IMO, not an OS/Hardware issue. I would be glad, any suggestions are welcomed

Try this see if this helps
    • first you have to Installed entire drivers that run on GTX 460, plus Beta drivers.
    • then you have to Re-installed drivers many times, using driver cleaner.
    • now Updated to newest Physical drivers for my Physical card.
    • Set entire clocks to stock speeds plus turned fan faster to stay my Gpus frosty cold.

I beleive i attempted disabling the Physx card, and SLI altogether
    Hopes this helps

This is traditional for many sound cards. For no matter reason, when an app crashes, the audio device is unable to wash itself up, and usually repeats the last audio stream sent to it over and over till reset. A simple check of this can be to shut DosBox whereas taking part in a DOS game via the "X" button . As for your issue: one among the games cited could be a BETA, and also the alternative (BFBC2) is not the most stable game breathing. Its conjointly value citing constant company worked on each games...

I simply tested the MSI card, it ran through 3DMark eleven and Unigine Heaven with none problems, then I ran MSI combustor for 30-45 minutes, and everything went fine. Then I went onto facebook, and as soon as i attempted to observe a YouTube video, the issue crashed. therefore after I rebooted with that card, as soon as I typed in my password the pc would crash once more, therefore I simply place in my ASUS card which issue went away. i will currently do stability testing on the ASUS card, though i am pretty certain there will not be any issues.

Try it with solely one GTX460 physically connected. you'll attempt the Unigine benchmark, it will be DX11. I thing this might assist you simply post back what happen

I solely had one crash to this point thanks to prolonged gaming additional then eight hours straight.. its not a DX11 crash though. What i'd do if it crashes constantly de putting in the sport take away each file / map containing DXHR and reinstalling the sport.. Don’t understand if u did that already or thought of it? You experience it from the start of the game or after a couple levels?

So I simply finished testing the ASUS card, and it had no issues. i will place the cards back in SLI and re-run all the benches, maybe the problems have worked themselves out. I actually have an ABS majesty 1100 Watt, 80+ gold certified, undecided what you mean once you say what percentage volts on the 12v rail

Thanks for all the guidelines guys, yes i do know each firms worked on the games I actually have mentioned....

I perceive that it's a beta, however please bear in mind the sport worked fine with my ATI setup.

can that long method work if i do not use onboard ? i exploit an Asus Xonar DX

I have constant downside with DX11. once beginning a brand new game it freezes within the starting once reaching the lowest of the escalator at the terribly starting . DX9 works simply fine, however not DX11. If I attempt to "trick" the sport by saving progress in DX9 and then switching to DX11 to resume, the sport can then simply freeze some minutes later.

I completed the sport using solely DX11 therefore it isn't a universal bug. In case it helps you discover a workaround: I used GTX460 w/2GB VRAM, driver 280.26, DX runtime eleven.0, Win7 x64, 6 GB RAM. Video settings were 1920x1080, FOV 85, FXAA High, SSAO traditional, surface Auto, everything else on highest setting / enabled.